George Ford

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Great news, hopefully Genge is next then May. Talking of the England players, when is the new EPS, or whatever its called named?

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Cole's England career is over due to a need to find Tight Heads for the next WC
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

It'll be interesting to see if Ford's and Genge's new contracts come with a relegation release clause.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:16 pm Great news, hopefully Genge is next then May. Talking of the England players, when is the new EPS, or whatever its called named?

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Cole's England career is over due to a need to find Tight Heads for the next WC
Thought he was excellent today, even thought I saw an attempt at a dummy 1st half.
I genuinely feared for their replacement loose head when he folded him in 2
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I wouldn't be surprised if Cole is discarded from England, but it would be a shame. You could see him staying on another year or two to help teach the next guys, like Hartley, Robshaw etc a few years ago.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:50 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Cole is discarded from England, but it would be a shame. You could see him staying on another year or two to help teach the next guys, like Hartley, Robshaw etc a few years ago.
from a purely selfish point of view i very much hope he is
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Williams needs to be given gametime if he is to be Sinckler’s deputy in France, Genge gave him a hard time yesterday.

Cole’s international career, unless in an injury crisis, is over in my view, Jones needs to develop other options I personally think Will Stuart, Jamal Ford-Robinson and Nick Schonert are in the frame. The latter two of which have been in EPS before but for me Schonert is not fit enough, Stuart doesn’t have enough of an all-round game either.

I guess we will have to wait and see. Of course there’s Ehren Painter who is BFG’s favourite.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Painter you say, I'd rather watch an episode of Teletubbies!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great news about George Ford.
On the England front, with the next World Cup in mind, will Eddie leave the 30+ year olds out. There’s plenty of young talent around to get ready.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Manu is a Leicester lad now, so hope he stays. It was good to see him enjoying his rugby. Loved him yesterday. Lol