George Ford

Post by YoWaGoWan »

George staying on with new 2year contract,from MailOnline
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by JP14 »

That would be some excellent news, if true. Daily Mail usually are pretty good with their rugby.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well, thats the first bit of good news today, and keeping Genge is a must do. Hopefully the Internationals on display today will earn their real corn with a storming performance versus Exeter
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Excellent news, he must be supremely confident of us staying up, or there must be a release/loan clause
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Article also says that Youngs’ and May’s futures are far from certain. The most likely to leave is maybe May. Would be interesting where he went if he did leave.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:56 am Article also says that Youngs’ and May’s futures are far from certain. The most likely to leave is maybe May. Would be interesting where he went if he did leave.
As good as he is a 30 year old out and out winger isn’t going to command top dollar.
I suppose for both him and Lenny it’s what else they get offered compared to what Tigers are offering and what their future England aspirations are
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Good stuff! To be honest Youngs and May leaving would be best for the club, I love them both but it's a daft situation to be paying so much of our cap into a 9, 10, 11, 13 combination we never get to see.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It also depends what other options Tigers will have to replace them. I hope the club already has a shortlist drawn up to fill those positions should they need to.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I could honestly see Youngs going to Exeter with White returning to Australia, I think he would be a great fit.
Whether it would suit him personally, with a young family and it being so far from Norfolk is a different matter.

I can see a French club dangling a sizeable contract in front of May. Might end his England career but wouldn’t rule him out of the Lions
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Of the player I think are out of contract that I would like to keep Genge and Ford are firmly at the top
Must Keep: Ford, Genge, Thompson
Would like to keep for depth: Bateman, Spencer,

The rest either in between keeping for right price or outright planning the cap elsewhere.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

May back to Gloucester, wings aren’t a priority with Rees-Zammit and Thorley but Banahan and especially Sharples aren’t getting any younger.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:06 pm May back to Gloucester, wings aren’t a priority with Rees-Zammit and Thorley but Banahan and especially Sharples aren’t getting any younger.
Fair shout, though the way those 2 are playing he wouldn’t be guaranteed a start. Marshall is also primarily a winger just filling in for Woodward at present
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:42 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:06 pm May back to Gloucester, wings aren’t a priority with Rees-Zammit and Thorley but Banahan and especially Sharples aren’t getting any younger.
Fair shout, though the way those 2 are playing he wouldn’t be guaranteed a start. Marshall is also primarily a winger just filling in for Woodward at present
I thought Marshall was primarily a fullback when he was in NZ. He's out of contract at the end of the season anyway. He falls into the Sharples and Banahan category of not getting any younger as well.

I wouldn't mind reversing the swap and getting Slater in for May. Somewhat unlikely though.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:42 pm
I thought Marshall was primarily a fullback when he was in NZ. He's out of contract at the end of the season anyway. He falls into the Sharples and Banahan category of not getting any younger as well.

I wouldn't mind reversing the swap and getting Slater in for May. Somewhat unlikely though.
Think he’s played mainly wing since he’s been playing here. Apologies if that is incorrect