Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Joe Batley signed on loan today

Post by Mark62 »

Redstripeman wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:48 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:08 pm Leicester Tigers have signed utility forward Joe Batley on loan from fellow Premiership side Bristol Bears.

The 23-year-old has turned out twice for the Bears so far this season, with both appearances coming in the Premiership Cup.

Batley can be recalled to Bristol at any time and has also been on a dual registration deal with Hartpury.

"This is a good opportunity for Joe to get game time at a very competitive level," Bristol boss Pat Lam said.

Is this due to an injury to someone?
... so not good enough for the Bristol first team but good enough to start for Tigers.
OH how low we have fallen in the eyes of the rest of the league.. this is such an insult to our history and leaves a bitter taste, which some of us on this platform are far too eager to swallow!!!
Please tell me where in this topic it says that he has been signed on loan to start for Tigers. Liebenberg is injured, Lewis stepping up to, push for a match day squad place, leaving a vacancy further down the pecking order.
The lad is coming back from a life threatening illness, he has the size and presence and will no doubt get some game time in the A league, and possibly the European challenge.

I know people like to over react but keep some sort of perspective
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Redstripeman wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:48 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:08 pm Leicester Tigers have signed utility forward Joe Batley on loan from fellow Premiership side Bristol Bears.

The 23-year-old has turned out twice for the Bears so far this season, with both appearances coming in the Premiership Cup.

Batley can be recalled to Bristol at any time and has also been on a dual registration deal with Hartpury.

"This is a good opportunity for Joe to get game time at a very competitive level," Bristol boss Pat Lam said.

Is this due to an injury to someone?
... so not good enough for the Bristol first team but good enough to start for Tigers.
OH how low we have fallen in the eyes of the rest of the league.. this is such an insult to our history and leaves a bitter taste, which some of us on this platform are far too eager to swallow!!!
IF you bothered to read the other posts on this topic, which you either haven't or have chosen to ignore, you wouldn't have got it all wrong, and nor would you have grounds from this topic to insult other forum members. :smt018
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Article in the Telegraph Sport today explaining how Bristol stay within the cap, they have 22 of their squad on very low wages, Batley is one, they pick up cheap cast offs, pay them more than restaurant workers, Luke Hamilton being one, then they are able to pay massive sums to stars. sorry but I cant do links to the article.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:16 pm Article in the Telegraph Sport today explaining how Bristol stay within the cap, they have 22 of their squad on very low wages, Batley is one, they pick up cheap cast offs, pay them more than restaurant workers, Luke Hamilton being one, then they are able to pay massive sums to stars. sorry but I cant do links to the article.
Very interesting I did hear that Thacker went for £200k plus