Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Joe Batley signed on loan today

Post by Traveller »

FredKite wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:44 am
fortysix wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 pm This says it all about our chronic tightfisted management.
GO AND PURCHASE A BLINKING GREAT HULKING SOUTH SEA ISLANDER WHO MIGHT MAKE A DENT IN THE OPPOSITION. Not a second rater from Bristol who will report all our non-moves.
That is really a quite appalling response to a young player temporarily joining Tigers and helping us out.
Yep. Pat Lam will be busting a gut to find out that odd No's go to 2, even 4, and if there's a zero at the end its to the tail.'

That's the information the eleven teams ahead of us - that's all of them - have been trying to work out these past two seasons. No doubt Mark Bakewell is in demand as well, for much the same reason.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

fortysix wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 pm This says it all about our chronic tightfisted management.
GO AND PURCHASE A BLINKING GREAT HULKING SOUTH SEA ISLANDER WHO MIGHT MAKE A DENT IN THE OPPOSITION. Not a second rater from Bristol who will report all our non-moves.
I read most posts you make 46 and they are usually really infomative, and at times challenging. This is below your usual standard Sir.
I know it is a board to pass on views and opinions but this is unfair on a lad who is making his way in the game and has a chance to play for the biggest club in England.
Good luck to him. He is clearly a unit.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm not sure what importance his race has, a 23 year old 20 stone 6ft 7 forward who clearly has some potential, with a chance to assess him on loan/trial, seems like a decent idea. If it doesn't work out, what have we lost?

Really frustrates me when people complain that we haven't signed this player or that player. Guess what, they're not always available, Tigers can't always make the most appealing offer, and there aren't many hulking great south sea island professional rugby players sat around twiddling their thumbs waiting for a short term contract on low wages in the East Midlands. Even if there were, look how it turned out last time we signed a player just because he was huge and from the Pacific Islands...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

46 rarely responds to people’s views around his posts but I hope he should this time because his post is grossly unfair on Batley who lets be honest is a big unit and his comments border on xenophobia.
Last edited by JP14 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Traveller wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:32 am
That is really a quite appalling response to a young player temporarily joining Tigers and helping us out.
Yep. Pat Lam will be busting a gut to find out that odd No's are supposed to go to 2, even 4, and if there's a zero at the end its to the tail.'

That's the information the eleven teams ahead of us - that's all of them - have been trying to work out these past two seasons. No doubt Mark Bakewell is in demand as well, for much the same reason.
Corrected that for you. :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am 46 rarely responds to people’s views around his posts but I hope he should this time because his post is grossly unfair on Bates who lets be honest is a big unit and his comments border on xenophobia.
Do you know that for a fact JP14? :smt107
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

BFG wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 am

Yep. Pat Lam will be busting a gut to find out that odd No's are supposed to go to 2, even 4, and if there's a zero at the end its to the tail.'

Thank you. An obvious inaccuracy on my behalf. Rather like your point of emphasis.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Traveller wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:39 am
BFG wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 am

Thank you. An obvious inaccuracy on my behalf. Rather like your point of emphasis.
You're welcome.
Glad we straightened it out. :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:32 am
JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am 46 rarely responds to people’s views around his posts but I hope he should this time because his post is grossly unfair on Bates who lets be honest is a big unit and his comments border on xenophobia.
Do you know that for a fact JP14? :smt107
I have corrected it now, it was autocorrect apologies.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

And just where are these players that we can afford to sign within the salary cap?

This is a big, young lad with potential signed as injury cover. Possibly as a trial with a view to a long term contract. I think Liebenberg is out for a while (At least that's what he told me after the last home game when he and Jordan Olufewa were chatting in the Drogs.)

There isn't likely to be a queue of players of proven Premiership starting standard sitting waiting for a call from their agents. They have already got contracts and are playing somewhere else already at this point in the season or in the Southern Hemisphere off season.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

chewbacca wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:59 am
Scuttle wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:31 am
I think this is a very unpleasant and ill-thought out post
+1 Who knows he might be the new Ed Slater
Indeed he might.

Afterall, this "second rate" has had to deal with the minor distraction of fighting off the "Big C" too. Maybe this is the break he needs.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's worth looking at the Bristol fan responses, some of them are very annoyed to see him shipped off. He's young, enormous and has been managed by one of the most exciting coaches working in the northern hemisphere, by any standard you want to apply he's a pretty good signing with no down side.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:40 pm It's worth looking at the Bristol fan responses, some of them are very annoyed to see him shipped off. He's young, enormous and has been managed by one of the most exciting coaches working in the northern hemisphere, by any standard you want to apply he's a pretty good signing with no down side.
:smt023 ...best response so far!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:01 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:40 pm It's worth looking at the Bristol fan responses, some of them are very annoyed to see him shipped off. He's young, enormous and has been managed by one of the most exciting coaches working in the northern hemisphere, by any standard you want to apply he's a pretty good signing with no down side.
:smt023 ...best response so far!
👍
Semper in excretia
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

When I've seen him play I'll form an opinion.

Until then.......
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!