Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Post by sam16111986 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:40 am Totally disagree. Tthere is no evidence there was any abuse directed at Murphs but there is in the other direction, see earlier posts from those close by. Sad that some excuse such behaviour. Tigers have become an embarresment in more ways than one. Murphs needs to go, it's as simple as that.
If you are going to shout at someone and demand a response to how they are doing their job then if you get a short tempered response you should be unsurprised. From what was posted early the fan shouted to Murphy "what's the point" in relation to substitutions being made. A stupid comment born of frustration and probably a beer or two. Murphy's response was born of frustration and completely justified. Fans too often moan the club doesn't interact enough. The only error was the F bombs he dropped for which he went back and apologised in person and then in the interview post game.

Just because you don't want him as the head coach does not mean you need to vilify everything he does. We all know he's out of his depth and been left in that position because of the loyalty he feels to the club. It's the board's poor management that is too blame not the man desperately trying to bail out the sinking ship.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Suggestion on social media Manu was injured at the end. Anyone notice that?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:28 am
G.K wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:40 am Totally disagree. Tthere is no evidence there was any abuse directed at Murphs but there is in the other direction, see earlier posts from those close by. Sad that some excuse such behaviour. Tigers have become an embarresment in more ways than one. Murphs needs to go, it's as simple as that.
If you are going to shout at someone and demand a response to how they are doing their job then if you get a short tempered response you should be unsurprised. From what was posted early the fan shouted to Murphy "what's the point" in relation to substitutions being made. A stupid comment born of frustration and probably a beer or two. Murphy's response was born of frustration and completely justified. Fans too often moan the club doesn't interact enough. The only error was the F bombs he dropped for which he went back and apologised in person and then in the interview post game.

Just because you don't want him as the head coach does not mean you need to vilify everything he does. We all know he's out of his depth and been left in that position because of the loyalty he feels to the club. It's the board's poor management that is too blame not the man desperately trying to bail out the sinking ship.
Tigers is a business, a fundamental of any business is the customer (supporter) is always right. Indeed it matters didly squat if they are actually wrong but you should never alienate your customers (supporters) as they are crucial to the success of your business. Murphy chose to react in the way he did and as such he has left his behaviour open to critcism but in no way can it ever be excused or justified. That is why Murphy reappeared to apologise after the penny had finally dropped.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Some cannot do any wrong. Some cannot take criticism. Some have opinions that they see are the ones being right.
Some are happy with the current form of the club.
Some are happy with what the coaches and BOD are trying to achieve. Some will be happy at watching Tigers in the Championship.
Some are not me....................

Stand up Rob Baxter and a big up for the way you handle yourself the club and what you have achieved.
Not only a lesson on the pitch.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:49 am Suggestion on social media Manu was injured at the end. Anyone notice that?
A friend of mine who sits in the Crumbie told that me that Manu just walked off and there was panic on our bench to replace him so it looked like it was not planned.
Last edited by sapajo on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Two or three games is generally all we get in between Manu injuries so I wouldn't be surprised, though I do hope he's OK. The poor guy grew too huge too quick and his body didn't altogether keep up.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting that Green made 23 tackles

It was the right tactic TBF to Murphy for 60 minutes.
But once the weather changed he really needed to make those changes.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Manu just walked off it was weird.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:34 am Manu just walked off it was weird.
It'd be more weird if he flew!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:49 am
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:28 am

Tigers is a business, a fundamental of any business is the customer (supporter) is always right. Indeed it matters didly squat if they are actually wrong but you should never alienate your customers (supporters) as they are crucial to the success of your business. Murphy chose to react in the way he did and as such he has left his behaviour open to critcism but in no way can it ever be excused or justified. That is why Murphy reappeared to apologise after the penny had finally dropped.
So far as Murphy’s loss of self-control yesterday is concerned, if Tigers had just closed out yet another victory whilst on a 26-match unbeaten run, the narrative would have been about Tigers’ “unquenchable desire to win”, a la Martin Johnson. But it didn’t come after an unbeaten run.

Murphy’s premiership record reads P26 W7 L19. Four wins in the first ten games – a dead cat bounce – of sorts. Followed by 3 wins in 16 matches.

In his first six premiership games last season average points scored / conceded was 26 v 31. In the last six 22 v 30. After six games this season 14 v 27. Improvement?

I predicated last week that after eight games, the table for relegation candidates will look as follows: 18 Worcester, 18 Harlequins, 13 Bath, 6 Wasps, 6 Tigers, -5 Saracens. After 6 games (with just 15 premiership matches to go - thats 15 - and Bath still to play) it reads: 13 Worcester, 15 Harlequins, 8 Bath, 6 Wasps, 4 Tigers, -13 Saracens.

After which we will be without our internationals during the 6N. Points against Wasps and Worcester (who will lose fewer players) Sale and Saracens (both away)?

We now celebrate being competitive (in a first half), at home, with a full team against understrength opposition. Losing bonus point?

Of course, we lost our Head Coach at the start of this season, due to an end of season spat with a referee. Both outbursts reflect his passion, and also the fact he is out of his depth. Coaching is a profession, learnt over time, like accountancy, teaching, brick laying, being a player. The fact Murphy lacked the self-awareness to recognise he wasn't ready for the role demonstrates he wasn't ready for it. The ensuing results are the evidence. But his naivety is understandable. However the incompetence of the board i.e. not having the necessary skills to carry out a task, is not understandable. Their willingness to allow the proverbial ship to continue towards the rocks is inexcusable.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I did not say in my earlier post that my friend in the crumbie did also say that he thought Manu walked off because he could no longer be ar***. Thats his opinion but clearly only Tigers know the truth.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:09 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:24 pm btw today we had JP Doyle reffing London Irish and Luke Pearce reffing Exeter, this would never be allowed in football so why do they do this in Rugby, its a pretty simple fix.
We were talking to several Exeter supporters in the ABC and they advised that Luke Pearce does not or cannot Referee Chiefs at Sandy Park as he lives about 1/2 mile from the ground and they too were amazed but delighted he was the Ref. today.
There was several high tackles and a blatant late tackle on Ford, off sides all the time and no action from the assistants either. But this is what Tigers have experienced before from Pearce and more concerning is he is an International Referee now!
I too feel he should not Referee any Exeter games and JP Doyle no Irish games either but I expect JPD to Ref when Irish are here the way the selection goes. Today the officials decided the result sorry! :smt013
Totally disagree - second half performance cost us , simple as......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 pm
It'd be more weird if he flew!
Late entry for post of the year!! :smt005
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Aside from their undoubted team ethic , Exeter are masters of the 'streetwise foul' .We used to be the same.It's not simply what goes on , its the fact that it constantly goes on...high tackles , off feet , side entry, blocking etc ; it would take one hell of a strong officiating team ( no matter what part of the country they are from ) to stop this as they'd basically have to ping virtually the whole team at any given moment.
Its not cheating if you don't get caught.
Exeter are a good team , full of nous and guile as well as ability.This only goes to highlight our deficiencies more as many of us remember when the same could be said of us.
We look in the mirror now and ask the question , Exeter stare back.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

A couple of weeks ago while at work a customer told me to " Off" repeatedly, among other things. I managed to not swear back at the customer or reply with any abuse whatsoever. Why? Because I'm a professional and I can control myself, even though I am very passionate about what I do.

I would think that for most of us, swearing and shouting at a customer would result in being sacked. It certainly would for me.