Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Post by Mark62 »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:43 pm Individual moments of brilliance that kept the score respectable, the chiefs are a united team, have a game plan and stick to it, disciplined in defence, attack the break down and always turn over points in the red zone. The tigers looked a shambles in defence, the Young’s brothers were embarrassing with their constant chatter to the ref, we need a new captain, it has been apparent for sometime. We are defensively frail, fitness is not what it should be as the team were shot after 60 mins, the team is rudderless when under pressure, panic stations and no game plan.
Murphy is out of his depth and so are the rest of the coaching staff, in defence, attack, team structure and game plan. In action now and we are relegated at the end of the season no question.
Taufua tho was a beast, super aggressive and up for the fight, Fordy deserves to play in a better team, so do May, Manu and Genge.
One of the greatest club teams in world rugby is becoming a laughing stock!!!
So what you going to do to fix it then Baz, who is going to replace this out of depth coaching team., because I don’t see anybody queuing up.
As for Genge he needs to learn to pass the ball on rather than turning on a circle and running into contact, and even when he makes a half break he very rarely passes the ball, same can be said for Lavanini which is the main reason the opportunity from Manus break toward the end was butchered
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I'm sorry but swearing at the fans who pay to come and watch the team you coach is unacceptable in all but the most extreme circumstances. Presumably the truth hurts and stating the bleeping obvious seemed to have rattled Murphy. It's his job, his livelihood yet week in week out it becomes ever more apparent he is not able to to turn the squad into a team.

As for turning a corner?
We were in front at half time, at home against last season's runners up.

They haven't got half the players we have. To be honest that applies to pretty well everyone but Saracens. There can be no excuses for the garbage we have been serving up game after game. We were never going to turn over Exeter when we were thumped by the likes of Worcester. They could have turned out their development squad, waited until we ran out of puff and ideas and still got a bonus point.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

teds wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:15 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 pm
teds wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm

If you want to be a family club you don’t want the head coach effing and blinding at fans. We’d be rightly critical of Brendan Ventner if he was swearing at fans. Geordan let himself down, and on tv...
most kids will know more swear words than their parents these days, swearing doesn't both me personally, its more how it is used than can be an issue
I agree that Kids will definitely hear worse stuff in the playground, but I don’t think that means it’s acceptable in this context.
please stop the pearl clutching its unnecessary
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:24 pm

most kids will know more swear words than their parents these days, swearing doesn't both me personally, its more how it is used than can be an issue
I agree that Kids will definitely hear worse stuff in the playground, but I don’t think that means it’s acceptable in this context.
What on earth is pearl clutching?
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

teds wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:35 pm

https://youtu.be/3jFqhjaGh30
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Ok you got me. I searched it up. First hit was

https://slate.com/human-interest/2012/0 ... liche.html

Maybe we can conclude that I think it’s a problem if our head coach is swearing at fans, but you don’t agree.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

teds wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:46 pm

Ok you got me. I searched it up. First hit was

https://slate.com/human-interest/2012/0 ... liche.html

Maybe we can conclude that I think it’s a problem if our head coach is swearing at fans, but you don’t agree.
its a problem but there are so more important ones to deal with first, especially as he apologised 5 minutes later, what is says about him coping under pressure would be of more interest and importance.

I follow a football team who's manager once told a critical fan to FOAD and refused to apologise, now that was something to be irate about rather than incidental swearing such as this
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Murph's "Pressure ..what pressure thats for tyres"

So its not pressure that forced him to react with a supporter.
Love to know how that conversation / altercation went.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

It's a game of two halves but Tigers only turned up in one of them. They often crack too easily under pressure and once Exeter started getting on top they reverted to rabbit in the headlights mode. The same faults were there that have been all too evident for some time now.

Yes the Senior players have to take a fair share of responsibility but Murphs needs to be shown the door now, I've been saying that since this time last year. As for the incident on the terrace, including it seems some bad language, well just disgaceful in my opinion and it just proves he's lost the plot (actually I'm not sure he ever had it as senior coach). He needs to be censured for that and I hope he is.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Murphy will not be censored over his petulant outburst, he has the total backing of the BOD and the cartel of players that run our club, as I’ve said before he has neither the talent or intelligence to coach at this level and he proved it today with this childish temper tantrum.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 am As for the incident on the terrace, including it seems some bad language, well just disgaceful in my opinion and it just proves he's lost the plot (actually I'm not sure he ever had it as senior coach). He needs to be censured for that and I hope he is.
He's paid to coach not to take abuse from someone that's had a drink. He's perfectly entitled to set the guy straight. He should have used better language but it looks like he returned and apologised for that. There's plenty on here that moan there's no passion, same people that then moan when we show some. I doubt the club will do anymore than remind him to moderate the language. The fan deserved a dressing down.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Totally disagree. Tthere is no evidence there was any abuse directed at Murphs but there is in the other direction, see earlier posts from those close by. Sad that some excuse such behaviour. Tigers have become an embarresment in more ways than one. Murphs needs to go, it's as simple as that.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I thought pearl clutching was something old props do to wind young props up in the ruck?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whilst apparently the fan didn’t use foul language, the manner demanded a response from Murphy and he got it. I stand by him, he was showing more passion than some players yesterday. He went back and apologised for the bad language, but I’m pretty sure the kids didn’t even batt an eyelid.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Trying to look on the bright side, which is increasingly difficult, at least we lost to the best honest team in the premiership