Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs 21st December

Post by fleabane »

It will be interesting to see whether or not Exeter field a strong team, or give youngsters a chance, and put experience on the bench, in case things go wrong.
Valhalla I am coming!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

My guess would be Baxter will see it as an opportunity for a possible 5 points and put out his full strength squad, use it as an opportunity to potentially leapfrog into 1st in the table. While we are a bit pedestrian at the mo the Glos game showed we can still hurt teams who are having an off day.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With a fixture against Saracens the following week, Exeter might pit out a mixed side. I do doubt it though.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 pm My guess would be Baxter will see it as an opportunity for a possible 5 points and put out his full strength squad, use it as an opportunity to potentially leapfrog into 1st in the table. While we are a bit pedestrian at the mo the Glos game showed we can still hurt teams who are having an off day.
I fully expect him to rotate particularly up front. They will have 2 focuses home quarter in Europe and beating Saracens at home, salarygate has hurt Exeter more than anyone and they will be after blood, backed up by a full tomahawk chop.
As things stand we aren’t priority, especially as an away fixture for them, and he’ll think he can get something out of the game.
Would expect him to start with Moon, Taione, Armand and Kevesic at least none of who started either of their games v Sale.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Maunder and Stevenson were their half backs as well
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Agree with Mark62, I expect to see some rotation but still a strong side. Baxter is pretty pragmatic he'll want another win but won't want to tire players unnecessarily.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Exeter are in a position where they can rotate the squad and it not look like a second or weakened team.

I too would be happy with a decent performance and a LBP. If we can compete against Exeter, we're good enough to avoid relegation.

This could be a key match in the season - a strong outing or even a win might give the confidence to kick on with plenty of the season left, but another disappointing performance or a drubbing might completely destroy confidence. The players just need a performance they can be genuinely proud of, even if it ends in an honourable defeat against what is a very good side.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree about rotation they could change 10 of their starting 15 from Sunday and it would weaken them unduly.
They may have to think about game time for Cowan-dickie and Slade too
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Luke Pearce will take charge of his 93rd Premiership game as the man on the whistle for the league clash at Welford Road this Saturday (December 21, 3.00pm).

He will be assisted by Jack Makepeace and John Meredith from the touchlines, plus Television Match Official Rowan Kitt. Will James is named as citing officer.

Shame it’s not Mr Barnes
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Pearce is the best of the rest at the moment so should make for a decent game.

I believe Sir Wayne is part of BTs summary for Sunday’s game
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 pm Pearce is the best of the rest at the moment so should make for a decent game.

I believe Sir Wayne is part of BTs summary for Sunday’s game
Agreed.. could be a lot worse!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Two years ago when Tigers got stuffed at home just before Christmas heads rolled. Just pointing that out.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

G.K wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:30 pm Two years ago when Tigers got stuffed at home just before Christmas heads rolled. Just pointing that out.
Why ??
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Eastmond, Reid and Olowofela are all fit for this weekend.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:26 am Eastmond, Reid and Olowofela are all fit for this weekend.
That’s good news. Something like this then:

1. Genge
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Spencer
5. Lavanini
6. Kalamafoni
7. Reffell
8. Taufua
8. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Eastmond/Taute/Reid
13. Tuilagi
14. Olowofela
15. Veainu

16. Polota-Nau
17. Bateman
18. Leatigaga
19. Lewis
20. Thompson
21. Harrison
22. Hardwick
23. Worth
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:03 am We might have a chance if the game is correctly officiated.
I doubt it? Even the most inept of refs couldn't swing the game the Tigers way given the form that the Chiefs are now playing
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat