Mark Bakewell - gone? - now confirmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Redstripeman

Re: Mark Bakewell - gone? (Rumour)

Post by Redstripeman »

fentiger wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am Craig Newby on Twitter:

'Yet again another sacking mid season. This demonstrates the clubs lack of planning and development from the top down.
A knee jerk reaction to wall paper over the grand canon cracks that are apparent for all to see but the club themselves.'

'When will this stop and someone sort it out properly so the club can regain some respect and integrity, off and on the field?'
... he sees it!!
There are a good percentage on here, well about 25% who understands this, if you still believe the BoD has the best interest of the club in mind, then good luck!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I mean it depends on what happens.

If Borthwick is coming in then this could well have been planned for a while as opposed to the knee jerk.

On no announcements could be for multiple reasons.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:19 pm
strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 am But that wouldn’t suit a lot of conspiracy theories on here
:smt023
Exactly what are these conspiracy theories?
From what I can see there seem to be 2. The first that the board are deliberately trying to run the club into the championship, not sure why but it’s certainly the impression I get. Maybe they’ll then be able to sell the ground and build a bigger hotel and car park 😂😉
The second is that there is an all,powerful,players cartel, with a direct line to the board who are deliberately undermining everything the coaching team are trying to do
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:52 pm Nothing on Tigers' twitter about it, just a load of Christmas community stuff and an advert for coconut water. It's as if the club haven't registered that we live in an information age and they only make themselves look silly waiting two weeks to announce what everybody knows today.
c

Exactly.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 pm I mean it depends on what happens.

If Borthwick is coming in then this could well have been planned for a while as opposed to the knee jerk.

That's true.

But on the basis of the last couple of years what evidence is there to suggest that something might be well planned at Tigers. Or conversely, on the basis of the last couple of years what evidence is there that something isn't well planned at Tigers. Then use Occum's razor to come to a view.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:45 pm
strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 pm
:smt023
From what I can see there seem to be 2. The first that the board are deliberately trying to run the club into the championship, not sure why but it’s certainly the impression I get. Maybe they’ll then be able to sell the ground and build a bigger hotel and car park 😂😉
The second is that there is an all,powerful,players cartel, with a direct line to the board who are deliberately undermining everything the coaching team are trying to do
The latter existed at the end of MOC/Cockers' tenure, there was a lot of player interaction between clubs about lack of modern defence ideas, reliance on a 10 man game etc.(hence how I heard about it both from an outsider and an insider), and a division between MOC likers and haters (mostly forwards, who deliberately beggared up his moves in training to see if he'd have a sweary meltdown) with Mauger being the 'senior players' choice. The last I heard validly was the link between that cartel and BK just after Cockers' sacking.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:45 pm

The latter existed at the end of MOC/Cockers' tenure, there was a lot of player interaction between clubs about lack of modern defence ideas, reliance on a 10 man game etc.(hence how I heard about it both from an outsider and an insider), and a division between MOC likers and haters (mostly forwards, who deliberately beggared up his moves in training to see if he'd have a sweary meltdown) with Mauger being the 'senior players' choice. The last I heard validly was the link between that cartel and BK just after Cockers' sacking.
It makes a lot of sense for the board to listen to the senior players at times though. We're talking about internationals with significant numbers of caps that will know when tactics/methods are genuinely inappropriate. I'd be disappointed in the board if Dan Cole, Ben Youngs, TPN etc weren't consulted on certain coaching issues. I always wonder how much of this "player power" is exaggerated?
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Traveller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 pm I mean it depends on what happens.

That's true.

But on the basis of the last couple of years what evidence is there to suggest that something might be well planned at Tigers. Or conversely, on the basis of the last couple of years what evidence is there that something isn't well planned at Tigers. Then use Occum's razor to come to a view.
Wasn’t Lewis Moody Oakham’s Razor?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:58 am I just see Aston Villa and Lerner when looking at our current plight. Bumbling along until we are sold or relegated or both!
You can’t compare Aston Villa to Leicester Tigers.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:25 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:58 am I just see Aston Villa and Lerner when looking at our current plight. Bumbling along until we are sold or relegated or both!
Can absolutely compare the situations though!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:31 pm
I agree with Tiger Boy no comparison whatsoever. Aston Villa are a failing West Midlands football club. Leicester Tigers are a failing East Midlands rugby club. :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Love it :smt046
I'm not cynical just experienced
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:31 pm

I agree with Tiger Boy no comparison whatsoever. Aston Villa are a failing West Midlands football club. Leicester Tigers are a failing East Midlands rugby club. :smt003
In addition to which Aston Villa's official colours are Blue, Sky Blue and Claret. Tigers aren't.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Haven't the Villa won a couple of league matches this year?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RichieB wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 pm Haven't the Villa won a couple of league matches this year?
Leicester thumped them away