Mark Bakewell - gone? - now confirmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mark Bakewell - gone? (Rumour)

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Still no official news. The media blackout nonsense upsets me more than the on-field dross; at least losing is an accepted part of sport, this head in the sand rubbish is just bad manners!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

RichieB wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 pm Haven't the Villa won a couple of league matches this year?
They have and no one is talking about how Villa shouldn’t be down near the bottom of the league.
They’re expected to be there.

A big thing is made from Tigers being near the bottom.

This is why you cannot compare Aston Villa to Tigers.
Flash

Post by Flash »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:10 pm
RichieB wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 pm Haven't the Villa won a couple of league matches this year?
They have and no one is talking about how Villa shouldn’t be down near the bottom of the league.

Based on last season I expect most people expect us to be there. At least we theoretically have the players capable of turning it around.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:51 pm Still no official news. The media blackout nonsense upsets me more than the on-field dross; at least losing is an accepted part of sport, this head in the sand rubbish is just bad manners!
The incessant moaning on here upsets me more than our results :smt015
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This is comparable to nationalistic imperialism and is laughable.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

That escalated quickly...
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 pm That escalated quickly...
Didn't it though.

I do wish someone would invoke Godwin's law so we could all get on with something else...
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

loretta wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:57 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 pm That escalated quickly...
Didn't it though.

I do wish someone would invoke Godwin's law so we could all get on with something else...
No chance. Hitler was very good at propaganda, Tigers just stay silent.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Go on?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Go on?
I'll have a crack at this.

Villa are expected to be near the bottom of the league and re-join the Championship next season, so everyone is happy for them to do so - it's where they belong, it's like they're going home. However, Tigers are not expected to be in a similar position, the Championship is not where they belong and therefore if they do enter the Championship it will be treated as an invasion of said competition and part of a greater plot to create a Tigers nation as the focal point for a new empire.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Go on?
I was merely using a comparison that Tigers have a self-idealistic sense of greatness like how we all are supposed to think that the Brits are the best because we had the largest empire known to man. Your basically saying that they deserve to always be at the top of the domestic league and that this slump is just a blip and we’ll be back at it in no time, this type of blind idealism will see us fall even further if we’re not careful.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:51 pm Still no official news. The media blackout nonsense upsets me more than the on-field dross; at least losing is an accepted part of sport, this head in the sand rubbish is just bad manners!
Ah yes, you prefer to moan about the moaning which is obviously much more productive.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm
What is the 'incessant' moaning? It isn't 'moaning' to comment on the fact that for the second year running the club are favourites for relegation in spite of the fact that a team lower than us have been given a 35 point deduction.

It isn't 'moaning; given the scale of operation of the club, the fact that 1/3rd of a World Cup final losing team are wearing the clubs colours. to question how this has been allowed to happen, by the people charged with the leadership of the club.

It isn't 'moaning' to suggest that in an information age, the clubs complete inability to communicate effectively, not even ineffectively, but not at all, is an embarrassment.

It isn't 'moaning' to comment on the chaos around the clubs repeated inability to recruit a competent coaching staff.

It isn't 'moaning' to question the motivation of the major shareholders to put the club up for sale given what has happened over the last five years.

It isn't 'moaning' to question why it is only people who have played for Tigers that are deemed capable to coach them, or to consult for the club.

It's not moaning. It's an expression of concern for a club that is loved by lifelong supporters who can see it disappearing down the pan before our very eyes.

Or maybe not. Maybe there is a plan. Maybe the future is bright. Maybe the future is Orange. But we know what happened to Orange.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree that there are a number of “supporters” on here that seem to take great delight in our struggles over the past few years and take the glass half empty view on whatever the club does.
No true supporter would take delight in our current predicament and the levels of negativity and although I am not a happy clapper will continue to support the team regardless of what happens this season.
Perhaps the club do have a plan going forward and maybe just maybe it will all come to light in the fullness of time :smt023
A2O
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Just a thought, but maybe there's legal or contractual reasons that were negotiated within the severance that prevent the club from releasng the information? No, that's be too sensible wouldn't it. Let's just get the knives out instead......