Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Trouble at mill - May to go?

Post by Mark62 »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 pm
trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 pm I don't think I am alone in wondering if the size of our ground has something to do with the decline in season ticket sales - you can always get a ticket for every game so why spend money on a season ticket that you are not going to use 3 or 4 time a season when you can buy one when you can. I know that this is not the only reason but I do think it is a big factor.
Season tickets fell by approx. 500 but average attendance only fell by approx. 1,000 per home game. in 18/19. So you could argue that having a bigger capacity means people can buy tickets much easier and therefore not commit to a season ticket. Also with the fact that we have failed to reach the play-offs and had a very bad season last season the average attendance was bound to fall, and I can see the average falling again. The sad thing is that with every drop of 1,000 per home game we stand to add around £250,000 to our losses. Something the club cannot sustain and already there are reports/rumours of players being asked to take a pay cut.
[/quote

Pay cuts as players are no longer worth their current contracts and the salary needs spreading in different directions. If we are in the premiership next season there is no way we won’t be spending up to the cap plus marquee players