Calvisano v Tigers - return fixture next week

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Calvisano v Tigers - return fixture next week

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:53 pm Excellent maul! Cancelled out nicely by an average kick and a high tackle :smt011
Yep.. just about sums it up sadly!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Anyone got a clue what that red card was for? Game over, I predict 3/4 more tries for Tigers to paper over the cracks and disguise the performance.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm Anyone got a clue what that red card was for? Game over, I predict 3/4 more tries for Tigers to paper over the cracks and disguise the performance.
Nope.
Couldn't tell by the animations of the officials either.

Maybe hands around the face? maybe
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Tiglon wrote: ↑
Anyone got a clue what that red card was for? Game over, I predict 3/4 more tries for Tigers to paper over the cracks and disguise the performance.

If it is game over it’ll put an end to a woeful display
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Do Tigers actually practice line outs? I've lost count how many they have messed up.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

10 min to get 2 tries to at least leave with a half respectable result.. performance has been dire and the result won’t mask that but 5 points is really what’s required
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm Do Tigers actually practice line outs? I've lost count how many they have messed up.
Having never played a game of rugby myself, can someone that has tell me what the technical bit of the line out is that we struggle with. Can’t you just throw the ball to each other 8 hours a day until it becomes second nature?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm
drc_007 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm Do Tigers actually practice line outs? I've lost count how many they have messed up.
Having never played a game of rugby myself, can someone that has tell me what the technical bit of the line out is that we struggle with. Can’t you just throw the ball to each other 8 hours a day until it becomes second nature?

Difference between practice and match time though
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

On a positive note Taufua looks a class act. Different team since he came on.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Difference between practice and match time though
You have to believe that every Tigers player is capable of much better than what we're seeing on match day. On paper, I think the current squad is the best we've had for years, but the performances just don't reflect it.

Taufua and Leatigaga have both had a very positive impact, looking forward to seeing more of them.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Shame Lavanini just picked up that yellow...and yet the player jumps up like a spring chicken from the magic spray :smt005
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm Anyone got a clue what that red card was for? Game over, I predict 3/4 more tries for Tigers to paper over the cracks and disguise the performance.
Davide Zanetti had been given a yellow card earlier in the match. This may have been a second yellow and a subsequent red rather than a straight red.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:24 pm
Davide Zanetti had been given a yellow card earlier in the match. This may have been a second yellow and a subsequent red rather than a straight red.
Ah thank you.
speedski wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm Shame Lavanini just picked up that yellow...and yet the player jumps up like a spring chicken from the magic spray :smt005
I think the yellow was perhaps more for Tigers giving away a penalty every single time Calvisano got to within 5 metres, rather than any kind of violent play.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Not a great game but 4 out of the last 5 in all comps.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Can’t think of many Tigers wins I’ve enjoyed less than that. With the exception of the points made above about Taufua and Leatigaga which I completely agree with, that was an absolutely diabolical performance. Yes we won, yes we are top of the group but to scrape a 20-13 win against a side like that is pathetic. Especially after the red card!