Do they read this forum

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Do they read this forum

Post by Mark62 »

A number of players and officials have been quoted recently as saying that they find negative comments on this forum and on social media in general, de constructive and hurtful.

I for one am only interested in what goes on on the playing paddock, which yesterday in my view reached an all time low, even worse than Exeter and Glasgow last year.
I CARE about this club as I think do all posters on here, in different ways.
So come on players, coaches, management, if you really care log on and tell us what you’re going to do about this unholy mess you’ve got the club in.
No more sound bites, no more football manager quotes, just truths, plans and what you think.
I don’t care how you identify yourself, but let’s hear something positive rather than the same old we care, the squad is tight, we’re working hard, everyone is pulling in the same direction, because the proof was there yesterday, that you’re not and everyone isn’t.
It’s about time you all realised that no club is too big to be relegated, just ask Newcastle and Aston Villa
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Do they read this forum

Post by RichieB »

If I was a player or a coach for the current squad, I certainly wouldn't read these forums. It is a well-used saying that if you keep doing the same thing, you will more than likely get the same results. Therefore, keep things as they are and Tigers get relegated, lose players, lose fans/attendance, lose money.

Something has to change, so what are the options:
~ Coaching team/personnel
~ Tactics
~ Players

What other choice is there?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

They do read this forum.
Surprisingly so does a few of the BOD, although I wouldn't put money on Tom reading here.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am They do read this forum.
Surprisingly so does a few of the BOD, although I wouldn't put money on Tom reading here.
Depends whether his Butler logs in for him
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

If any of you are reading apologies if I've ever hurt anybody's feelings! It's easy to forget in the excitement and/or frustration that it's just a game at the end of the day.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It is only a game, but these people are paid good money to look after the club.

I would feel personally embarrassed if the business I am paid to manage declined in the way that Leicester Tigers has. Also I would have been sacked some time ago.

Criticism is always hurtful, but after a decade of the thing you are supposed to be looking after getting worse every single year it comes across as delusional and arrogant to criticise the criticism.

Frankly, I find their criticism of our criticism de-constructive and hurtful. And utterly ridiculous. Act like adults, stop whining, do a better job. If you can't do a better job, let someone else do it.

The only way this board can turn things around now is to stump up the money for a really experienced and proven DoR, give him whatever he needs, and let him get on with it.

I suspect the only reason we're stuck with Murphy is that he's the only HC/DoR who will put up with interference from the board and with the board allowing players to go above the HC/DoR's head. I've worked in that kind of organisation and culture - it doesn't work and no proper professional will be willing to work within it.

The likes of Cheika and Wessels would demand a degree of control and autonomy, that's why we will never have them at Welford Road. The board are too arrogant to allow it.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:12 pm It is only a game, but these people are paid good money to look after the club.

I would feel personally embarrassed if the business I am paid to manage declined in the way that Leicester Tigers has. Also I would have been sacked some time ago.

Criticism is always hurtful, but after a decade of the thing you are supposed to be looking after getting worse every single year it comes across as delusional and arrogant to criticise the criticism.

Frankly, I find their criticism of our criticism de-constructive and hurtful. And utterly ridiculous. Act like adults, stop whining, do a better job. If you can't do a better job, let someone else do it.

The only way this board can turn things around now is to stump up the money for a really experienced and proven DoR, give him whatever he needs, and let him get on with it.

I suspect the only reason we're stuck with Murphy is that he's the only HC/DoR who will put up with interference from the board and with the board allowing players to go above the HC/DoR's head. I've worked in that kind of organisation and culture - it doesn't work and no proper professional will be willing to work within it.

The likes of Cheika and Wessels would demand a degree of control and autonomy, that's why we will never have them at Welford Road. The board are too arrogant to allow it.
That's not the only thing they could do. They could as it is their responsibility and their appointments that have given rise to our demise do the best thing and depart swiftly.
I'm not cynical just experienced
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I've just seen the teams for Gloucester and Quins, surely guys you are better than either of those 2, come on please you must be able to finish above them?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm I've just seen the teams for Gloucester and Quins, surely guys you are better than either of those 2, come on please you must be able to finish above them?
Both those two teams have played more rugby in 20 minutes today than we've managed in 10 games.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 pm I've just seen the teams for Gloucester and Quins, surely guys you are better than either of those 2, come on please you must be able to finish above them?
We’ve already beaten Gloucester, and Quins are there for the taking. We have to start playing ourselves first
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm
We’ve already beaten Gloucester, and Quins are there for the taking. We have to start playing ourselves first
Mark, I am aware, but i'm just trying to see the overall picture at end of season and hope to finish above these 2.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:38 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm
Mark, I am aware, but i'm just trying to see the overall picture at end of season and hope to finish above these 2.
I completely agree with you. That’s the route of the problem though, with the squad we have got we should be beating these sides, certainly at home, and in some cases away.
I know I’m stating the obvious to all us, but until, the leadership on and off the field as well as the coaching improves, we will struggle
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

On paper we should be capable of beating most teams and a couple of weeks ago we played well and I hoped it was sign of things to come. Alas not to be.

If the capability is there it can only be down to the quality and direction of the coaching in the end. They can do it but fail do do it twice in a row. Why did we change most of the team against Cardiff instead of getting the same players to put a string of wins together (hopefully) and build confidence. I know we have to bring young players on but there will be time for that once we establish a successful pattern of play which regularly brings results.

The next two weeks are 'easy' games in comparison to some so for goodness sake don't field the second string. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

They deserve all the criticism they get. If I were that bad at my job I'd expect some stick. Saturday was an absolute joke.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:07 pm If any of you are reading apologies if I've ever hurt anybody's feelings! It's easy to forget in the excitement and/or frustration that it's just a game at the end of the day.
You mean you’re sorry that you may have been caught?! :smt018