Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Post by fentiger »

Plus if we win tomorrow and next week we will have won four from five!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This game will not have the pressure of a Pemiership game and would hope that the team can string some set plays together and put in a performance.The team needs to gel and settle and this is an ideal opportunity for that and also build a littel bit of confidence.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

given the mess of the lineout last week I would have liked to see a couple from the front line jumpers playing just to get the timing down again in matches
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I will be disappointed if we don’t score less than 50, I know that is potentially harsh on Calvisiano but if they’re supposedly worse than Zebre than we really should be putting a cricket score on them.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Have I missed something? Noticed Ellis not listed. Is his game count being saved, is he injured or is there any other reason?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'd imagine just being rested.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JGT57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:53 pm Have I missed something? Noticed Ellis not listed. Is his game count being saved, is he injured or is there any other reason?
Rotation. I'd imagine he'll come back in with Lavanini to help lead the younger squad we're sending over to Italy next week. He was one of the leaders in Cardiff and seemed to really thrive in that role. If we want him to sign a new contract giving him that kind of responsibility and status within the squad will help.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm Ah yes, Brugnara, part of our experiment with hiring loads of Italians after Castro left. Glad to see he's still playing.
Actually, Riccardo was a product of our academy! :smt023
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:10 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:34 am Think Murphy is dammed either way...Put out a younger team and we scrape a win then he gets pillered. Put out a strong team and we win, people will say we should have won and it makes no diffence. A player gets injured, then he will get pelters for playing such a strong team...and finally, God forbid we come second in this game....It does not bare thinking about...

I agree with playing a strong team. We need to start to get that winning feeling and we are not winning the Leauge this season, so this is our only chance of silverware.
Hear hear! :smt023
Ditto.....I've heard comments like "need to learn to pass and catch" "just shook hands before the game"

You've got to build a team and just about the only way to do that I know of is to play together.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

fentiger wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:02 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm Ah yes, Brugnara, part of our experiment with hiring loads of Italians after Castro left. Glad to see he's still playing.
Actually, Riccardo was a product of our academy! :smt023
Spotted by Bob Dwyer in Italy and brought here in 2013.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:21 pm This game will not have the pressure of a Pemiership game and would hope that the team can string some set plays together and put in a performance.The team needs to gel and settle and this is an ideal opportunity for that and also build a littel bit of confidence.
Would go along with this.
However is this a side we would play in the Premiership ?
Injuries notwithstanding , I doubt it.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’ll also be disappointed if Dan Cole doesn’t score a 40 metre try 😂.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:21 pm This game will not have the pressure of a Pemiership game and would hope that the team can string some set plays together and put in a performance.The team needs to gel and settle and this is an ideal opportunity for that and also build a littel bit of confidence.
Would go along with this.
However is this a side we would play in the Premiership ?
Injuries notwithstanding , I doubt it.
Injuries notwithstanding but surely that's the point. TV would be at 15 but is on the bench as he's only just back from injury, JH would be at 14 but is injured, Lavanini and Taufua are away and Liebenberg is injured. So apart from Ellis it seems like a pretty much full strength squad to me. GT would most likely start in the back row with JT and HL/SK in the Premiership but otherwise I think we are at full strength.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 pm I’ll also be disappointed if Dan Cole doesn’t score a 40 metre try 😂.
Not all in one go, surely? Or did you miss the . out - a 4.0m try might be possible.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:37 pm I’ll also be disappointed if Dan Cole doesn’t score a 40 metre try 😂.
Not all in one go, surely? Or did you miss the . out - a 4.0m try might be possible.
😂😂