Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Post by strawclearer »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:50 pm I am sure Manu was injured, he was stretching his leg, possibly groin or hamstring strain, he tried to stay on but they hooked him early to ensure he did no further damage.
A bit of tightness, nothing more. I'd guess he'll be rested next week - as will a number of the 23 for Chiefs.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

My old colts coach used to say if you beat a team by five tries you've had a good game, if you beat them by ten they're in the wrong league. It was a decent old day out today but as a fan of the game you never really want to see a nine try thrashing, felt awful for the Calvisano lads trudging off at the end.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:34 pm My old colts coach used to say if you beat a team by five tries you've had a good game, if you beat them by ten they're in the wrong league. It was a decent old day out today but as a fan of the game you never really want to see a nine try thrashing, felt awful for the Calvisano lads trudging off at the end.
Decided not to go when I saw the team we put out. Not sure they would have learnt anything either.
I'm not cynical just experienced
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Was worth going to for the way we played and to see us giving our backs and some youngsters a chance to shine. Lewis looks a real prospect as does Steward. The only area of concern for me was our set piece - against this standard of opposition, I was disappointed to see our failure to dominate the scrum or lineout. As for next week, I hope that our "big names" given a rest and many more of the 2nd string/development players given match time. Hope to see us qualify next week and finish up ranked in the top 2 - Toulon seem to be our main rivals with Bristol likely to be number 1.
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 am Was worth going to for the way we played and to see us giving our backs and some youngsters a chance to shine. Lewis looks a real prospect as does Steward. The only area of concern for me was our set piece - against this standard of opposition, I was disappointed to see our failure to dominate the scrum or lineout. As for next week, I hope that our "big names" given a rest and many more of the 2nd string/development players given match time. Hope to see us qualify next week and finish up ranked in the top 2 - Toulon seem to be our main rivals with Bristol likely to be number 1.
It would be good to win the cup but realistically premiership survival should be of paramount importance. Even above performances to cheer the supporters against such weak opposition.
I'm not cynical just experienced
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 am Was worth going to for the way we played and to see us giving our backs and some youngsters a chance to shine. Lewis looks a real prospect as does Steward. The only area of concern for me was our set piece - against this standard of opposition, I was disappointed to see our failure to dominate the scrum or lineout. As for next week, I hope that our "big names" given a rest and many more of the 2nd string/development players given match time. Hope to see us qualify next week and finish up ranked in the top 2 - Toulon seem to be our main rivals with Bristol likely to be number 1.
The set piece is becoming a real concern, seems to be regressing of late.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It was a good performance, Lewis was excellent and Steward looks very promising, Calvisano kicked very well which we still struggled with, personally I thought our kicking was better than last week but my issue is that at times we weren’t playing heads up rugby and pulling off moves that weren’t on or they’re weren’t enough players to pull it off. Hoping for a good win and maybe a bonus point next week.

Manu was taken off because he had a tight groin in training on Friday and it still wasn’t 100% after 27 minutes and with the game at 26-0, Geordie rightly thought it necessarily to substitute him for Veainu.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes after our setpiece was excellent in the PRC but has really regressed recently, might be a confidence thing.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Support could still be better, but as excellent as Kalamafoni’s break was he ran away from his support runners in an attempt to score the try himself.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Genuine question, what were people’s opinions on Tom Youngs performance yesterday.
He was poor against Saints, not on his own by any means, but I’m reading that the set piece was sub standard and certain lack of leadership in some areas
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 am Support could still be better, but as excellent as Kalamafoni’s break was he ran away from his support runners in an attempt to score the try himself.
Excellent point, it is often the lack of support runners that get the blame, whereas it should be the guy with the ball who should hold his run slightly to wait for support
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

And that was proven by Hardwick, excellent break, kept his line, put on the breaks, drew in the fullback, put Reid into score.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:48 am Genuine question, what were people’s opinions on Tom Youngs performance yesterday.
He was poor against Saints, not on his own by any means, but I’m reading that the set piece was sub standard and certain lack of leadership in some areas
Carried really well, pretty sure he didn’t lose a lineout, tackled well but still wasn’t as good as he was against Exeter in September.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:48 am Genuine question, what were people’s opinions on Tom Youngs performance yesterday.
Carried really well, pretty sure he didn’t lose a lineout, tackled well but still wasn’t as good as he was against Exeter in September.
One or, possibly, two lineout losses if I remember correctly!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Honestly can't remember, I thought Kerr lost his first lineout, or that might have been Young's last?!