Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Calvisano - Teams up!

Post by norfolkexpat »

All this I see is totally irrelevant, beating Syston at home 59 to 7. .A stunning result. And more of the same next week... but in five weeks timewhen we have lost to Exeter. ( the lads were tired from the trip to Italy) got stuffed atQuims. ( the lads find their journey to the Stoop a bit debilitating) and then lost at home to Bristol ( Harry was the difference) will this useless Board finally see the light ???
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:55 pm 52 point win no injuries and from what I’ve read really good performances from Lewis and Steward.

From the sounds of it a decent afternoons work.

Only Calvisano I know but hopefully a small step to getting last week out of the system
the way Tigers have played the last few years no game is "only" anyone, every win is vital, winning is a habit the same way losing is
Totally agree about it being a habit, a huge amount is down to that top 2 inches
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 pm All this I see is totally irrelevant, beating Syston at home 59 to 7. .A stunning result. And more of the same next week... but in five weeks timewhen we have lost to Exeter. ( the lads were tired from the trip to Italy) got stuffed atQuims. ( the lads find their journey to the Stoop a bit debilitating) and then lost at home to Bristol ( Harry was the difference) will this useless Board finally see the light ???
or that was all excuses being made to cover for the fact we were just plan turd in those games, no excuses anymore, most what would be our best 15 are test players, stop making excuses and demand they play like it, you give professional athletes an excuse they will take it almost every time
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Oh :censored:, we win and the competition were :censored: but no consideration is made for a loss against far better teams either. So basically, moaning is the only way forward.

We won, some decent game time for a number of players that needed it, nobody injured and a few fans dared to enjoy a game. Enjoy the day.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 pm All this I see is totally irrelevant, beating Syston at home 59 to 7. .A stunning result. And more of the same next week... but in five weeks timewhen we have lost to Exeter. ( the lads were tired from the trip to Italy) got stuffed atQuims. ( the lads find their journey to the Stoop a bit debilitating) and then lost at home to Bristol ( Harry was the difference) will this useless Board finally see the light ???
Well we will have to agree to disagree, nothing is irrelevant and it will a very different team next week so that everyone gets game time.
Fans rave about the youngsters coming through at Exeter and Saracens, but they have been given game time to grow. We are far behind in this mainly due to the activities of previous coaches. The strides that Lewis, Steward etc make can only benefit the side
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Agreed.
Lewis and Steward , good games.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm We won, some decent game time for a number of players that needed it, nobody injured and a few fans dared to enjoy a game. Enjoy the day.
spot on :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm ... a few fans dared to enjoy a game. Enjoy the day.
My 3-year-old had a whale of a time. Absolutely loved it, was shouting come on Tigers at every opportunity. A brilliant day out for me and my boy and the other 23 boys won and put 50 points on the opposition to make it a very memorable day.

Lewis looked excellent and deserved his try.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:35 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm ... a few fans dared to enjoy a game. Enjoy the day.
My 3-year-old had a whale of a time. Absolutely loved it, was shouting come on Tigers at every opportunity. A brilliant day out for me and my boy and the other 23 boys won and put 50 points on the opposition to make it a very memorable day.

Glad he enjoyed his day out and a win to boot
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Glad he enjoyed his day out and a win to boot
Thank you :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

:smt023

:smt023 :smt041 :smt038
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

any idea where and when the highlights will be uploaded?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I am sure Manu was injured, he was stretching his leg, possibly groin or hamstring strain, he tried to stay on but they hooked him early to ensure he did no further damage.
As to the game it was a welcome win, but you can't say much more, yes we scored loads of tries, many with smarter moves than seen against our Prem opposition but we also gave away a pick and go try to a side that really should have been nilled!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I was at the game my take on it:
Positives:
Lewis again looks like he could be a Tom Croft and had to play at lock not 6.
Manu not injured from what I could tell.
TV built up match fitness and played very well.
Hardwick, when he came on, does look confident and keen to impress.
Got the job done in terms of the score.

Negatives.
Lineout again was misfiring.
Support play was terrible: eg both Lewis and Kalamafoni made superb line breaks but not one player ran to support when both players wanted to offload which would most likely have meant more tries.
We still kicked the ball away aimlessly.
Worryingly, there were times when players, including Fordy, seemed afraid to be more adventurous.

I really think this squad could be very good but the players need to be braver in their decision making and at times they seem confused about how to play the game.

Geordan has to quickly trust his chosen players.

It’s just an opinion, but I don’t think the whole club is united enough on and off the field.

Oh, and the ABC bar wasn’t able to serve any drinks from about 2:15!

In summary then, we are a club in trouble.
Beat Exeter then Quins and the whole place will, hopefully move forward.

Well done to all of us faithful fans for getting behind the team.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Oh and we could not afford to open all the turnstiles.