Murphy coaches and relegation

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Murphy coaches and relegation

Post by WiggoTiger »

Going on this 40 minutes of inept rugby and clueless defence.. My assumption is GM and coaches are not up to the job, relegation will be confirmed this year as sarries won't lose many games where as we won't win many.
Unless a change occurs we're off to the championship.
A disgruntled fan whose patience is wearing thin. No passion all round a disgrace :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Murphy coaches and relegation

Post by baz1664 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:55 pm Going on this 40 minutes of inept rugby and clueless defence.. My assumption is GM and coaches are not up to the job, relegation will be confirmed this year as sarries won't lose many games where as we won't win many.
Unless a change occurs we're off to the championship.
A disgruntled fan whose patience is wearing thin. No passion all round a disgrace :smt022
Fully agree!!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Looking unavoidable unfortunately.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

At the moment I agree totally with you
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Dreadful all round. Basis skills and organisation lacking. Why don’t we use our backline? I’m pointing a massive finger at the coaching staff. Please GM fall in your own sword and resign. Takes a big man to admit they aren’t up to it and no one will think any less of you.

Will all ways support, however I’m crying at the moment.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I don't think passion is the problem. They just aren't organised, there doesn't seem to be a game plan or structure to anything.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

in football the Saints fans would be singing "sacked in the morning"
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Its time to call it a day.
If the plan don't work rip it up and start again. NOW....

Clueless - disengaged and an utter shambles.....
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

The halftime BT Sport panning to the respective dressing rooms encapsulated it all. No sign of Murphy, Mike Ford wandered in and out not saying a dicky bird, and all the players slumped with no one speaking. The Stains dressing room showed a circle all being Addressed by Boyd. As Daisy Dallagio said, Leicester are a Coaching horror show. As for Tuilagi, is defence was just non existent.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Bin him off immediately, the good will has finally run out. Man's an embarrassment.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

football players are often accused of trying to get the manager sacked, this looks to me to be exactly what is going on at Tigers
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We've repeatedly done the football thing and sacked the coaches with no plan of how to move forward. That is one of the reasons we are in this current mess. Another knee jerk reaction will do absolutely nothing. We have experienced coaches in place, it's not like there's a bunch of new coaches running the team.

If Borthwick has agreed to join as head coach then he needs to soon and not in a few months. If not then the board need to start reviewing availability and who is suitable because the ability is there but current the structure isn't. Move Murphy into a pathway job which is where he looks competent, Mike Ford, Bakewell and Blake to all have their appointments reviewed by the new man when we identify him.

We cannot rush the next appointment or be overly sentimental as we have done with all the others it's time for an arm's length review and appointment.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm We have experienced coaches in place, it's not like there's a bunch of new coaches running the team.
They're really, really bad though, it's not knee jerk if the person getting heaved can't function in their role.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm We've repeatedly done the football thing and sacked the coaches with no plan of how to move forward. That is one of the reasons we are in this current mess. Another knee jerk reaction will do absolutely nothing. We have experienced coaches in place, it's not like there's a bunch of new coaches running the team.

If Borthwick has agreed to join as head coach then he needs to soon and not in a few months. If not then the board need to start reviewing availability and who is suitable because the ability is there but current the structure isn't. Move Murphy into a pathway job which is where he looks competent, Mike Ford, Bakewell and Blake to all have their appointments reviewed by the new man when we identify him.

We cannot rush the next appointment or be overly sentimental as we have done with all the others it's time for an arm's length review and appointment.
I would generally agree on long term planning etc, but it's not knee jerk if it's after 18 months in charge with the team getting steadily worse, despite good recruitment over the summer. They got Mike Ford in to help, made no difference. Pat Howard was recruited to mentor, made no difference.

The arguments of "give him time" and "the squad isn't good enough" are no longer applicable. These players are good enough, and he's had time.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

actually the football thing is to line up the new coach before you sack the last one, football is a ruthless business run by professionals, Tigers are still clinging to amateurism and have been left behind by every other premiership side

to borrow football parlance the players are trying to get him sacked, he has well and truly lost the changing room and there is no turning back