Bath v Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
markharbtiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 am

Bath v Sarries

Post by markharbtiger » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:13 pm

For the first time I can remember, I am keen for a Bath win tonight.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Mark62 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:20 pm

I know there has been a lot of rain and it’s a cold night but that Bath pitch is shocking

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5594
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by JP14 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 pm

Bath undone by Sarries getting away with an early shove at the maul which they never recovered from. Also that last scrum they never showed the alternate angle for the other side so from my view that was a clear penalty to Bath, not the other way round.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5594
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by JP14 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 pm

Farrell has put in some good shots mind you.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3939
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by sam16111986 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:20 pm
I know there has been a lot of rain and it’s a cold night but that Bath pitch is shocking
Not called the Rec for nothing...

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by fortysix » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Mark62 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:17 pm

fortysix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
Very impressive aren’t they, though they do live right on that offside line.
Bath and Priestland seem clueless as to how to to break the line

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by happywomble » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 pm

The only positive is neither side got a bonus point

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1236
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by CitizenSmiff » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm

I refuse to watch any Sarries performances for the foreseeable, what's the point, its like watching somebody play a first person shooter with God mode on. Also a bit depressing how short that deduction has gotten already.

Freebird
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Freebird » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm

fortysix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
I'm led to believe that it's not just down to us and Sarries and that other relegation candidates are available.

I was somewhat surprised to find out that when "everybody on here is saying" that we were cast adrift at the bottom of the table with the fast approaching Sarries below us after our disastrous and unrecoverable start to the season, Wasps only have one point more than us and Harlequins a massive two.

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Tiglon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 am

Freebird wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm
fortysix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
I'm led to believe that it's not just down to us and Sarries and that other relegation candidates are available.

I was somewhat surprised to find out that when "everybody on here is saying" that we were cast adrift at the bottom of the table with the fast approaching Sarries below us after our disastrous and unrecoverable start to the season, Wasps only have one point more than us and Harlequins a massive two.
Exactly, there's no way Tigers will catch up one or two points. It's already over.

TigerBoy1880
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by TigerBoy1880 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 am

fortysix wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Sarries wont throw this away. 4 points closer to us...
Hardly surprising when they’ve got the squad quality and depth is it?

They cheated, got away with it for a few years, have now been found out, been deducted the maximum amount of points but will still stay up because they’re allowed to continue with the same players they got through cheating which are players that consistently challenge for titles. 35 points was never going to be enough to send them down.

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by Soggypitch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 am

I don't get how they can keep all the same players this season? Have they all taken a salary cut or what?

The fine/points deduction was for previous seasons, but what about this season?

Ps. Please can we have Daly or Goode or Williams.....?! We really could do with another full on attacking full back when TV is injured (ie most of the time).
Soggypitch

anz3001
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by anz3001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:36 am

Soggypitch wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 am
I don't get how they can keep all the same players this season? Have they all taken a salary cut or what?

The fine/points deduction was for previous seasons, but what about this season?

Ps. Please can we have Daly or Goode or Williams.....?! We really could do with another full on attacking full back when TV is injured (ie most of the time).
Because the salary’s aren’t the problem, it’s the investments. As long as those investments have been stopped, they carry one with the same team.

I’m surprised that 35 points was considered, by many, to be a large enough deduction to result in demotion. No chance.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leicestertinytiger, Robespierre and 2 guests