Tigers fans walk away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers fans walk away

Post by Mark62 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:43 pm Just like any other business, Tigers will do what they feel is the right way to maximise revenue. As someone who supports the club, I have no problem with this. In fact, I would be disappointed if the club didn't think about revenue management.
I do agree, and a basic level business plan is to cover all overheads then look to make a profit, which means selling tickets. If this is at a reduced rate, so be it, that is life, and a risk taken by people buying late.
The clubs plan could be to discourage late purchases by inflating prices, but that imo would be short sighted
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Agree with Mark62 that Tigers should adopt a West End policy when it comes to ticket pricing.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Noggs wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:25 pm The ticket price should be the ticket price, regardless when purchased with the possible exception of one bought many weeks in advance or as part of a package in a published promotion. Last minute discounts only upset those who purchased earlier and encourage people leaving things to the last minute. :smt009
It seems to me a sign of desperation to reduce prices to fill seats, but understandable. The number of season ticket holders who are not turning up is obvious to observe, although their numbers are misleadingly incorporated into the attendance figures quoted above. Take them out, and the number of « walk ups » must be way down.

Attendance at WR seems to correlate to performance on the pitch. It used to vary, but only marginally, dépendant on the opposition (full for Saints and Wasps, less so for the NotNots).

For those who poo-poo the financial implications, I suggest a look at the P+L.
Valhalla I am coming!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:10 am
Soggypitch wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:54 am I often don't know if I'll be available to attend a game until a day or so before, due to work/family commitments.

I've called twice this season on a Friday (the first time being for the Saints game in the "meaningless" Cup) and even for that effective pre season friendly they wanted to charge me £28 to stand!!!

Just a few days before the same tickets were £20. This is the new Tigers "Easy Jet" policy, which results in me no longer attending games at short notice, even when there are thousands of tickets available.

Madness?! I think so and told the manager of the ticket office just that, pointing out that I've been going to Welford Rd for 40 years and now feel completely excluded. To say he didn't give a stuff would be an under statement.

Hence my lack of enthusiasm thus far this season and lack of posts on the forum etc....I just feel completely at odds with the Club for now.
Your enjoyment of the game is swayed by the £8 difference in a ticket?
You think £28 to stand for effectively a pre season friendly is reasonable?! It's not a question of what I can afford but the principle of increasing prices as the match approaches, when there are lots of empty seats. The price should be the price, with perhaps some discounts for those that buy particularly early.
Soggypitch