New Saracens salary cap investigation

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: New Saracens salary cap investigation

Post by kk20gb30 »

Nigel Wray not being welcomed by other Premiership clubs is in my opinion a step too far.
Think I said as much yesterday (27/10) , but the original post seems to have vanished...
To me ' shamateurism ' is still quit fresh in the memory and realistically every club at some time 'played the game'.
Sarries did the deed , got caught , got punished - now its time to move on .Club owners on either soap boxes or high horses is not a sight to behold with affection:
'let him who is without sin cast the first stone'
Whatever Exeter decide to do (and for/with whatever 'justification') it will not bring them back their day(s) in the sun.
Time to let go, I think.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 am Nigel Wray not being welcomed by other Premiership clubs is in my opinion a step too far.
Think I said as much yesterday (27/10) , but the original post seems to have vanished...
To me ' shamateurism ' is still quit fresh in the memory and realistically every club at some time 'played the game'.
Sarries did the deed , got caught , got punished - now its time to move on .Club owners on either soap boxes or high horses is not a sight to behold with affection:
Whatever Exeter decide to do (and for/with whatever 'justification') it will not bring them back their day(s) in the sun.
Time to let go, I think.
Tony Rowe won't let go, probably ever. He apparently considers Wray lied and lied again and is very bitter according to my Chiefs sibs/fans. And remember they agreed to let Sarries and Bath off previously.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 am Nigel Wray not being welcomed by other Premiership clubs is in my opinion a step too far.
Sarries did the deed , got caught got away with it, promised never to do it again, continued to do it consistently over a number of years, got caught again, got punished - now its time to move on .Club owners on either soap boxes or high horses is not a sight to behold with affection:
Time to let go, I think.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Exeter have certainly been the most vocal in all of this. But other than the odd sound bite from Harlequins and Sale I’m not aware of any other clubs making their feelings known
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicester and Wasps particularly silent.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

JP14 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 pm Leicester and Wasps particularly silent.
I suspect Leicester are just keeping their own counsel, I see no evidence of Tigers over-achieving through salary cap cheating.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I'm not saying this is the case, but imagine the furore if they had broken the cap and still done as poorly as they have.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Simple, really

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50576659

Can’t see what all the fuss is about!

😂😂😂