Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by JP14 »

He wasn’t the only problem yesterday but currently is a disgrace to the Tigers shirt because he knows Eddie Jones will select him regardless therefore can do whatever he wants for club.

Talk in the Rugby Paper that Saints, want him, probably isn’t true but I want his contract terminated immediately and never for him to play for Tigers ever again!

[No this isn’t Scott hacking my account 😂]
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I looked at the BT play and the Tigers changing room at the end of the match.
Murphs was doing his piece in the door way and the Team looked as though they weren't interested.
I may be reading too much but there seamed to be a total disconnect.

Why, can anyone explain , does a team on paper boast so much talent produce so much dross. :smt013 :smt013

Is it time the Youngs were let go. The lineout was appalling (seen that before). The aimless kicking and slow ball was also appalling (seen that before).

Only DC form the international group looked as though he was in a Derby game ???
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm As I said ages ago, we will never progress as long as the Young brothers, Ford father and son and the Tuillagi family cartel who have the ear of Ben Kay are with the club.
They wanted Murphy as coach so that they could dictate tactics etc to him as he has never had the strength of will or the coaching talent to oppose them.
Time to rid the club of all of them and start again.
Tigers have become a laughingstock.
... genuine question, did they ask for MOC, in what way did they undermined Mauger and was it their decision to remove Cockers?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 am Our kicking has been atrocious for as far as I can remember, 5/6 seasons maybe, and for most of the seasons it’s been the same person kicking them, i.e Ben Youngs.
White is the alternative and he kicks just as poorly.
I think that he could be worse. :smt100

Wellstiger noticed a lack of interest in the changing room scene after the match.
I noticed a lack of interest before and during the match.
The T.V camera focused on a Leicester passing drill in the warm up which showed no real purpose in what some were doing and a lack of attention to detail.
The camera then switched to Grayson practising his passing off each side and he looked the complete opposite.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:08 pm Been back home now for a couple of hours, only just plucked up courage to post how embarrassed I was sitting watching that terrible terrible performance. I tried shouting the boys on for the first 20 mins or so but became more and more perplexed by the terrible errors we made until I finally gave up shouting. How can anyone cheer, or try to, encourage a team so brainless as that?
I posted before the game that we had to beware their speedy backs, one of our happy clappers assured me we had speedy backs, absolutely not. Saints tore us to pieces, we kicked everything back to them and literally said, here have another go we dont know what to do with it. They were not just quick, but also jinked or dummied us all too easily.
Someone mentioned clowns for coaches, so who was that clown who came out after the game with his measuring wheel, placed cones in the deadball area and had 3 of our subs running up and down like idiots, What was all that about? He should have been publicly flogging our starters.
Saints supporters I talked to were generally kind with their sympathetic concerns as to the depths we have reached, they have been there and know what it's like!
Sad to say it but I cannot find anything kind to say about our players, I wonder whether the usual happy clappers will?
So embarrassed today at our lack of skills, poor kicking and everything in general! :smt022
It was me who posted that we have quick backs. I would hardly call any of our backs slow, what they were today was abject and flat footed.
I am not a happy clapper, rather an optimist but as I have posted numerous times today I cannot find anything to be pleased about tonight, so please don’t tar everyone with the same brush, and look at what is said before typing
Mark 62, sorry if it touched a nerve but I have watched a lot of Saints matches on TV this year, I have watched Saints A league matches against us and their backs have a different level of speed and skill to our backs, they have got rid of the Pisis, Burrels etc and your idea of speed and mine are totally different, we cannot run around anyone, cannot make a break, our usual tactic is give it to Manu and let him try to crash through. Sorry if it hurt.
[/quote

I don’t disagree with your overall point. What I was saying is that in terms of pure pace we are not lacking in that department. You are quite right however it is how that pace is used
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:53 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 am Our kicking has been atrocious for as far as I can remember, 5/6 seasons maybe, and for most of the seasons it’s been the same person kicking them, i.e Ben Youngs.

Wellstiger noticed a lack of interest in the changing room scene after the match.
The T.V camera focused on a Leicester passing drill in the warm up which showed no real purpose in what some were doing and a lack of attention to detail.
The camera then switched to Grayson practising his passing off each side and he looked the complete opposite.
As I've written elsewhere, all Tigers players seem to adopt the same kicking strategy, I can only conclude it is an agreed tactic imposed.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am

As I've written elsewhere, all Tigers players seem to adopt the same kicking strategy, I can only conclude it is an agreed tactic imposed.
That does seem to be the (long running) case.
The trouble with that theory is this though, who exactly is demanding this long kicking tactic as Leicester have now been through several different coaches!
Simmons is a talent and he doesn't seem that keen to kick it poorly and White gets in ahead of him and was even made skipper last week.
My way or the highway!
The young kid Yarnell was released and in the brief game we saw him he looked to possess a talented eye for attacking space.
Tresidder and Prince were more talented to develop than White and they were let go.
Last edited by BFG on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

As an aside young Grayson really is developing into a high quality player.
He has his dads poise and game management allied with the confidence and flair of youth. Very impressive
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes I am a fan of young Grayson
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

The game for tigers was the worst i've seen but the most telling stat was won 9 out of the last 30 since GM took over
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am
drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am

That does seem to be the (long running) case.
The trouble with that theory is this though, who exactly is demanding this long kicking tactic as Leicester have now been through several different coaches!
Simmons is a talent and he doesn't seem that keen to kick it poorly and White gets in ahead of him and was even made skipper last week.
My way or the highway!
The young kid Yarnell was released and in the brief game we saw him he looked to possess a talented eye for attacking space.
Tresidder and Prince were more talented to develop than White and they were let go.
I wonder if its Eddie Jones influence, after all he has both our half backs and England always revert to trying to play in the opposition half? He was there yesterday, I doubt he will be keen to pick any of our "stars", hope that 1 or 2 of the Saints are English, Furbank must be already selected as his next fullback, Collins, Hutcheson must soon be added?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Disagree about both Tresidder and Prince, being better than White.
Also hard to compare.
Not like it was either those two or White considering they are 3/4 years older.

Yarnell I did not fully understand why we let him go though he did look good in both the bath game and the big Wasps defeat.

People clearly see something in White, he was England U20 Captain and picked by Jones for the barbarians game.

On Simmons a factor is he has missed a large chunk of the last 2 years being injured and he was even captain for the A league game on Monday so again most likely on the clubs radar still.

With Law, JVP and Edwards though we should even more options to pick, and hopefully Mele influence might be seen on them in time.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

What makes a second string scrum half with no coaching experience our salvation ? Oh I forgot he is another Ex Tiger !
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:58 pm What makes a second string scrum half with no coaching experience our salvation ? Oh I forgot he is another Ex Tiger !
Ermmmmmmmm
Who said he would be our salvation.
Literally talking about academy 9's and how having Mele who is an actual scrum half coach, and was an extremely aggressive 9 might be good for them in the future, to you somehow spinning that as me saying it would be our salvation?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:58 pm What makes a second string scrum half with no coaching experience our salvation ? Oh I forgot he is another Ex Tiger !
Ermmmmmmmm
Who said he would be our salvation.
Literally talking about academy 9's and how having Mele who is an actual scrum half coach, and was an extremely aggressive 9 might be good for them in the future, to you somehow spinning that as me saying it would be our salvation?
I leave the spin to Tigers.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity