Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

We might be better off getting relegated...

After last weekend, you could almost believe that a corner had been turned.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm As I said ages ago, we will never progress as long as the Young brothers, Ford father and son and the Tuillagi family cartel who have the ear of Ben Kay are with the club.
They wanted Murphy as coach so that they could dictate tactics etc to him as he has never had the strength of will or the coaching talent to oppose them.
Time to rid the club of all of them and start again.
Tigers have become a laughingstock.

I did wonder where Ben Kay's ear had gone, good to know you've spotted it! I was delayed today and only caught the last twenty minutes. Did we have any meaningful possession in that time? NO! Why not? Because we kicked it away - badly, spilled it, got turned over etc etc. It was embarrassing and I'm off to the bookies to put a sizeable bet on which team will be relegated this season, and it ain't Sarries.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 pm We might be better off getting relegated...

After last weekend, you could almost believe that a corner had been turned.....
I have friends at Cardiff and their woes are even worse than ours! A win there counts nothing in the real world.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm We actually appear to be a worse side with our big name players in it..& we were only missing 2 of what could be argued our best XV.

It's the constant limp defeats that drag you down.
Agreed. Ben Youngs in particular is, as usual, rubbish in a Tigers shirt. And before anyone says he was getting slow ball, no, he actually wasn't. He was slowing it down and kicking poorly especially straight to their enormous winger (can't spell so won't try :smt044 ). Do we still assume that he and his brother in tandem have a stranglehold on the club :smt017
Spot on. I mean why why why...would you continually kick the ball aimlessly down field straight to their Fijian unit who eats metres for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? A mis kick I get, but not 7 or 8 times...the same kick when touch was the easy option. Ben Youngs...not played above 6/10 in the shirt for a while now. Something is up. All players saying the right things but doing something different on the field. It’s as if they’re sending a message ....hmmm
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:28 pm
Spot on. I mean why why why...would you continually kick the ball aimlessly down field straight to their Fijian unit who eats metres for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? A mis kick I get, but not 7 or 8 times...the same kick when touch was the easy option. Ben Youngs...not played above 6/10 in the shirt for a while now. Something is up. All players saying the right things but doing something different on the field. It’s as if they’re sending a message ....hmmm
I assumed that was he (and the rest of the players who kicked similarly) was told to do by the coaches.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:00 pm
I assumed that was he (and the rest of the players who kicked similarly) was told to do by the coaches.
Yeah kick to their back 3 who are on fire this season. Even if they did, as a seasoned international, you’d soon realise that it wasn’t working and instead get the ball off the field. If I can spot it from my sofa, they can on the pitch.

I’m still fuming....the Saints try from the scrum in the first half. So so easy, Reinach picks it and runs, Wells doesn’t get there...why would he he’s a lock playing blind side !! Simple line from Proctor...not a finger laid on anyone. Pathetic.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Been back home now for a couple of hours, only just plucked up courage to post how embarrassed I was sitting watching that terrible terrible performance. I tried shouting the boys on for the first 20 mins or so but became more and more perplexed by the terrible errors we made until I finally gave up shouting. How can anyone cheer, or try to, encourage a team so brainless as that?
I posted before the game that we had to beware their speedy backs, one of our happy clappers assured me we had speedy backs, absolutely not. Saints tore us to pieces, we kicked everything back to them and literally said, here have another go we dont know what to do with it. They were not just quick, but also jinked or dummied us all too easily.
Someone mentioned clowns for coaches, so who was that clown who came out after the game with his measuring wheel, placed cones in the deadball area and had 3 of our subs running up and down like idiots, What was all that about? He should have been publicly flogging our starters.
Saints supporters I talked to were generally kind with their sympathetic concerns as to the depths we have reached, they have been there and know what it's like!
Sad to say it but I cannot find anything kind to say about our players, I wonder whether the usual happy clappers will?
So embarrassed today at our lack of skills, poor kicking and everything in general! :smt022
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:08 pm Been back home now for a couple of hours, only just plucked up courage to post how embarrassed I was sitting watching that terrible terrible performance. I tried shouting the boys on for the first 20 mins or so but became more and more perplexed by the terrible errors we made until I finally gave up shouting. How can anyone cheer, or try to, encourage a team so brainless as that?
I posted before the game that we had to beware their speedy backs, one of our happy clappers assured me we had speedy backs, absolutely not. Saints tore us to pieces, we kicked everything back to them and literally said, here have another go we dont know what to do with it. They were not just quick, but also jinked or dummied us all too easily.
Someone mentioned clowns for coaches, so who was that clown who came out after the game with his measuring wheel, placed cones in the deadball area and had 3 of our subs running up and down like idiots, What was all that about? He should have been publicly flogging our starters.
Saints supporters I talked to were generally kind with their sympathetic concerns as to the depths we have reached, they have been there and know what it's like!
Sad to say it but I cannot find anything kind to say about our players, I wonder whether the usual happy clappers will?
So embarrassed today at our lack of skills, poor kicking and everything in general! :smt022
I tip my hat to you for going. Hearing the “who the hell are Leicester Tigers...” chants and “can we play you every week” ....not great
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Extraordinary to think that Tigers had 1/3rd of the England WC Final team on the field today and all of them (with the possible exception of George Ford) were invisible. Who shaped the game Ben Youngs or Grayson?

I do feel sorry for Murphy, but he is so clearly so far out of his depth. Nothing is getting any better. In fact things are probably worse this year than they were last year, because we have had a proper pre-season.

I predict Sarrries will overtake is around Feb 25th and that will be it. Last one to leave, please turn the.................
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:08 pm Been back home now for a couple of hours, only just plucked up courage to post how embarrassed I was sitting watching that terrible terrible performance. I tried shouting the boys on for the first 20 mins or so but became more and more perplexed by the terrible errors we made until I finally gave up shouting. How can anyone cheer, or try to, encourage a team so brainless as that?
It was me who posted that we have quick backs. I would hardly call any of our backs slow, what they were today was abject and flat footed.
I am not a happy clapper, rather an optimist but as I have posted numerous times today I cannot find anything to be pleased about tonight, so please don’t tar everyone with the same brush, and look at what is said before typing
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm We actually appear to be a worse side with our big name players in it..& we were only missing 2 of what could be argued our best XV.

It's the constant limp defeats that drag you down.
Agreed. Ben Youngs in particular is, as usual, rubbish in a Tigers shirt. And before anyone says he was getting slow ball, no, he actually wasn't. He was slowing it down and kicking poorly especially straight to their enormous winger (can't spell so won't try :smt044 ). Do we still assume that he and his brother in tandem have a stranglehold on the club :smt017
Agree with the kicking but our line out hardly functioned 3 of their tries came from turn over line out ball
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 pm
It was me who posted that we have quick backs. I would hardly call any of our backs slow, what they were today was abject and flat footed.
I am not a happy clapper, rather an optimist but as I have posted numerous times today I cannot find anything to be pleased about tonight, so please don’t tar everyone with the same brush, and look at what is said before typing
Mark 62, sorry if it touched a nerve but I have watched a lot of Saints matches on TV this year, I have watched Saints A league matches against us and their backs have a different level of speed and skill to our backs, they have got rid of the Pisis, Burrels etc and your idea of speed and mine are totally different, we cannot run around anyone, cannot make a break, our usual tactic is give it to Manu and let him try to crash through. Sorry if it hurt.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

The match stats are here

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstat ... gue=267979

Glancing through just underlines the gulf between the sides
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 am The match stats are here

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstat ... gue=267979

Glancing through just underlines the gulf between the sides
Wow...I hadn’t realised Saints had conceded quite so many penalties. And they still won :smt009
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Our kicking has been atrocious for as far as I can remember, 5/6 seasons maybe, and for most of the seasons it’s been the same person kicking them, i.e Ben Youngs.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni