Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by RichieB »

LE18 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm I thought I could remember Murphy dropping a very ugly drop goal here at Welford Road :smt017
Me too, thought it was v Saints and thought it was Barnes ref. I am convinced I watched it from the Alliance & Leics stand or whatever it might have been called then. Many phases of play in front of the Saints try line and it was screaming out for a drop goal to rescue an undeserved draw. However, I'll accept I may well be wrong!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RichieB wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 pm I thought I could remember Murphy dropping a very ugly drop goal here at Welford Road :smt017
Me too, thought it was v Saints and thought it was Barnes ref. I am convinced I watched it from the Alliance & Leics stand or whatever it might have been called then. Many phases of play in front of the Saints try line and it was screaming out for a drop goal to rescue an undeserved draw. However, I'll accept I may well be wrong!
I remember it too. We were screaming at Toby to go for the drop goal and Geordan eventually took matters into his own hands!

Or I dreamed it.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPkEb5gRNNM

that's the Saracens game.
I can't find any info of Murphy getting a drop goal at Welford road whilst Flood was here.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Only saints draw i can find of recent times was 19-19 in 2013 and Murphy wasn't playing, the game didn't end in a drop goal and Tigers drew with a slater try and Flood kick in the last 5 minutes and the ref was Doyle

Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.
1 was from half way against Irish the other was from 55 meters out against Gloucester.
(Barnes was ref for the Gloucester game).

Well according to the info I can find.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.
1 was from half way against Irish the other was from 55 meters out against Gloucester.

I remember when he got the ball and you could tell he was going to go for it from miles out. Was ridiculous!!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:40 am
RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 pm Two drop goals murphy has done at Welford road.

I remember when he got the ball and you could tell he was going to go for it from miles out. Was ridiculous!!
The video RagingBull shared is a different match. Iirc the one everyone else is thinking of was from much further out, between the 10m line and halfway and slightly further to the right. And the kick was much uglier than that one.

That’s if iirc, but of course, I don’t always remember correctly.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

happywomble wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017
No idea, but it will be interesting to see if they have half an eye on their double header against Leinster over the next 2 weekends
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

If they're going to rest anyone over those 3 games, I would expect it to be Leinster away.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

happywomble wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am Anyone any idea of Saints fitness concerns or players missing or do they have a full squad to select from? :smt017
Reinach left the pitch with a foot injury at the weekend
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Does anyone know a rugby pub in Market Harborough to watch the game?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

watsonjm wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 pm Does anyone know a rugby pub in Market Harborough to watch the game?
The ‘something ‘ cow on the high street, and the spoons pub will,probably have it on. If not you could try the rugby club by the leisure centre
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
Why do you feel the need to make every post you make negative, are they saying the same about other sides or do you just choose to ignore those.

Clip clop said the troll who’s that walking over my bridgev
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:20 pm Doing the rounds this morning,has anyone found a single Sarries fan that isn't supremely confident of staying up due to how poor we are? It's embarrassing!
Sorry, your posts are just wearing and boring. :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.