Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by kk20gb30 »

Desperately poor and seriously embarrassing.
The Club,coaches and players have run out of excuses.Soundbites and platitudes won't help us now and if I'm honest I don't know what will.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The biggest difference between the two teams yesterday was that Saints were playing with confidence and Tigers did not have the same confidence. Some wins must be ground out to raise the confidence levels within the squad.
Also Nayavoro was causing problems every time he had the ball and he is a very special player with good hand skills. I do not see many teams coming away with much from Franklin Gardens this season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The points difference after five games between Saints and Tigers is:

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!!!!

Explain that, coaches, players and board of directors!
Valhalla I am coming!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm The biggest difference between the two teams yesterday was that Saints were playing with confidence and Tigers did not have the same confidence. Some wins must be ground out to raise the confidence levels within the squad.
Also Nayavoro was causing problems every time he had the ball and he is a very special player with good hand skills. I do not see many teams coming away with much from Franklin Gardens this season.
A very generous characterisation there. We lack confidence for sure but we also lack organisation, talent, a plan, enthusiasm, leadership, defensive cohesion, a hooker who can throw, really any kind of intelligence at all and most important of all- points. No more excuses, we're awful and we need a slash and burn fix.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

fleabane wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 pm The points difference after five games between Saints and Tigers is:

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!!!!

Explain that, coaches, players and board of directors!
Possibly because Saints have won four games and are in the positive.
Tigers have lost four and are in the negative.
Wasps are also in a similar position, yet only a point ahead.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:22 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:12 pm The biggest difference between the two teams yesterday was that Saints were playing with confidence and Tigers did not have the same confidence. Some wins must be ground out to raise the confidence levels within the squad.
A very generous characterisation there. We lack confidence for sure but we also lack organisation, talent, a plan, enthusiasm, leadership, defensive cohesion, a hooker who can throw, really any kind of intelligence at all and most important of all- points. No more excuses, we're awful and we need a slash and burn fix.
I do agree. It’s not as though Saints did anything unexpected yesterday, we knew how they were going to attack and yet did nothing about it
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The truth is this is just more spin to avoid the fact that we have the worst coached team I'm the premiership and players who are not performing to their abilities.

The club is up for sale for one reason the Chairman and Board want to cut their losses and get out when they still can.

Its that serious
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well I still believe in this squad. There is a lot of talent in it but they have to be allowed to play “heads up” rugby. Eg Our kicking game isn’t good enough so try running back with the ball and offload before being smashed.
The team that beat Gloucester proved they can defend and play a smart game.
Best players this season have been TV( brief but very effective v Glos), Olowofela, Harrison, Thompson, Spencer, Lavanini, Kalamafoni, Reffel, Boladau. Build around their spirit.
I’ll be there Saturday as I will be at Welford Road and other places next season.
Yes, I’ll moan, get annoyed with myself for moaning but know all I can do is support.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 pm Well I still believe in this squad. There is a lot of talent in it but they have to be allowed to play “heads up” rugby. Eg Our kicking game isn’t good enough so try running back with the ball and offload before being smashed.
Best players this season have been TV( brief but very effective v Glos), Olowofela, Harrison, Thompson, Spencer, Lavanini, Kalamafoni, Reffel, Boladau. Build around their spirit.
I’ll be there Saturday as I will be at Welford Road and other places next season.
Yes, I’ll moan, get annoyed with myself for moaning but know all I can do is support.
Well

+1

my sentiments exactly but the wrong people are driving my bus!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 pm Well I still believe in this squad. There is a lot of talent in it but they have to be allowed to play “heads up” rugby. Eg Our kicking game isn’t good enough so try running back with the ball and offload before being smashed.
I agree with the sentiment ; obviously though, something is wrong somewhere.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

I do not see may teams looking as shambolic as Tigers at Franlin Gardens this season.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

You look at the XV, absolute minimum we should be coming away with is a LBP. I’d go as far as saying on paper we should have won. Look at the team we put out and it’s a travesty how badly we played.

I now think that the team just aren’t being coached at all. There’s no game plan or structure and therefore I’d almost absolve the players for playing badly. Ford, Manu, Genge can’t look great for England and be so bad for us. Something is not right whatsoever at the club.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I forgot about Boladau.
Makes you wonder what on earth is going on as they aren't short of good options in any area.
The team needs a new skipper, it ain't working.
The old guard and the minions need to be gone in my opinion.
I think that T.V commentary said Harrison was off soon.
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

The squad is more than good enough, unfortunately you can see the disunity in their game which then destroys their confidence as they just don't buy into the game plan they've been coached with. Blaming any individual payer for an entire teams lack of synergy is simply ridiculous.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

DingDong wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:10 am The squad is more than good enough, unfortunately you can see the disunity in their game which then destroys their confidence as they just don't buy into the game plan they've been coached with. Blaming any individual payer for an entire teams lack of synergy is simply ridiculous.
100%. Anything after first phase ball and there is just no structure, no attacking patterns in the backline, no pods of forwards with any intent, no urgency in moving the ball. Stark contrast in comparison to Saints who are a well drilled team.