Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Thomas
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Thomas » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Pathetic, dross against a very ordinary team. I won’t be attending Welford road again until Murphy has gone. He’s not worthy of the position he holds, for God’s sake replace him!

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5106
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

I know (think) they are contractually obliged to do so but I really hope our players and coaches have the good grace to decline any interviews after this - we all know the kind of soundbites that will come out, we really do not need to hear them.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by G.K » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Thankfully that awful debacle is over. I feel sorry for those Tigers fans that paid good money to go and watch that dross. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

I now firmly believe they are trying to get Murphy sacked, that smelt of every football teams performance I have ever seen in the dying days of a coach when the players knew, and they are the first to know, that the coach was out of his depth and they are simply not listening to him.

Apparently they want £60m for the club, they'll be luck to get £60k at this rate
sam16111986 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:51 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
I'm prepared to believe Mike Ford could be interim Head Coach tomorrow.
Why? Promote the attack coach after what we've done in attack this season.
he is a far better coach then Murphy and it will have an effect as a caretaker

Big Dai
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4583
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:04 pm
Location: Abergavenny

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Big Dai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:54 pm

WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm
20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 pm
GET THESE COACHES OUT OF MY CLUB
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
But it's not your club? This is the bit that hurts an old exile more than anything. Why do I support Tigers? Because they are my hometown club and that club was full of local, or at least English talent.

What allegiance can I hold to a bunch of vagabond players from around the world brought in to represent my home town? It's not the same. Ok. Everyone will cry, "Stick in the mud! Move on! Forget tradition" and also "It'ss a business now, not a club!"

So if it's a business and you want me to support it you can start by putting a product on the pitch that pleases my eye and is worthy of my backing.

I'm not a coaching expert, I don't pretend to know more than the professionals, but I do know a good product when I see one.

I'm not looking at a good product now.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Soggypitch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm

G.K wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm
Thankfully that awful debacle is over. I feel sorry for those Tigers fans that paid good money to go and watch that dross. :smt009
Totally agree, it was painful enough watching it on the tele!!!
Soggypitch

fentiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Wisbech

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by fentiger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
I'm prepared to believe Mike Ford could be interim Head Coach tomorrow.
Hopefully!
CitizenSmiff wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:49 pm
strawclearer wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
I'm prepared to believe Mike Ford could be interim Head Coach tomorrow.
The man who has masterminded this blistering(ly awful) attack doesn't exactly fill me full of glee.
Yes, but just how much input is he actually allowed? :smt017

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3945
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by strawclearer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm

There's a line in Apollo 13 when they're asking how long it will take to power up the LEM. When they hear it'll take 2 hours by the book, Lovell says:

"I don't think we have that long."

So - this 3 year plan.......
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Stay Home>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

Phil B
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2093
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:49 am
Location: St Julien Les Rosiers, Le Gard.

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Phil B » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Personally, I can't believe how low we have stooped. That's all for me today, and for a while. :smt039
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1207
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Robespierre » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Thomas wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Pathetic, dross against a very ordinary team. I won’t be attending Welford road again until Murphy has gone. He’s not worthy of the position he holds, for God’s sake replace him!
Wrong adjective there Thomas! Exceptional would be more appropriate.
Semper in excreta

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Tiglon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm

It's a shame that some are going down the xenophobic route and blaming the foreign players for everything.

Turnaroundspecialist
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:13 am

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Turnaroundspecialist » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:00 pm

The depressing thing it is all so predictable. Every time this season we have been well beaten when we come up against a decently coached team with reasonable players. Until we get a decent coach these days will continue until relegation. My fear is how this can be achieved with the track for the past five years of our board and owner Tom Scott

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by Tiglon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Big Dai wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:54 pm
WiggoTiger wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm
20yearsatiger wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 pm
GET THESE COACHES OUT OF MY CLUB
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
But it's not your club? This is the bit that hurts an old exile more than anything. Why do I support Tigers? Because they are my hometown club and that club was full of local, or at least English talent.

What allegiance can I hold to a bunch of vagabond players from around the world brought in to represent my home town? It's not the same. Ok. Everyone will cry, "Stick in the mud! Move on! Forget tradition" and also "It'ss a business now, not a club!"

So if it's a business and you want me to support it you can start by putting a product on the pitch that pleases my eye and is worthy of my backing.

I'm not a coaching expert, I don't pretend to know more than the professionals, but I do know a good product when I see one.

I'm not looking at a good product now.
12 of the starting 15 are English today and I'm pretty sure the other three aren't homeless or unemployed...

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5106
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by WhitecapTiger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm
I now firmly believe they are trying to get Murphy sacked, that smelt of every football teams performance I have ever seen in the dying days of a coach when the players knew, and they are the first to know, that the coach was out of his depth and they are simply not listening to him.

Apparently they want £60m for the club, they'll be luck to get £60k at this rate
I think you may be right, the 'player power' though is awful - but it did for Cockers too....

Oh, you're about £59,999.00 too high there.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

fleabane
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5170
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Occitanie

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by fleabane » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:02 pm

« Leicester, architects of their own downfall »

-Dallaglio

And he’s right!
Valhalla I am coming!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leicestertinytiger, Robespierre and 2 guests