Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints away - Saturday 30th November

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh starting to feel like he's enjoying it somewhat.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm not trolling,I'm genuinely soiling myself at the thought of relegation. Sorry if I'm negative but I don't see anything to be positive about at present,help me out if there is!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1, negativity breeds negativity.....things are not great but you appear to be enjoying the situation that Tigers are in.....changes have been made and only time will tell......Four games in to the season without full access to the whole squad does not mean relegation.....
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:29 pm I'm not trolling,I'm genuinely soiling myself at the thought of relegation. Sorry if I'm negative but I don't see anything to be positive about at present,help me out if there is!
So you genuinely don’t feel there have been seeds of hope in the last 2 performances, now are squad is falling into place
Try watching the other sides in the premiership and tell they are genuinely better than Leicester, constantly with the 2 obvious exceptions
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I struggle to look at the bigger picture sometimes! I just look at Saints,Chiefs,Bristol and Quin's and worry where we are going to get our next points from! But people saying I'm enjoying our plight is hurtful,very! Nothing could be further from the truth! I think we need to win one if the next two,that would be a massive lift for everyone
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:39 pm I struggle to look at the bigger picture sometimes! I just look at Saints,Chiefs,Bristol and Quin's and worry where we are going to get our next points from! But people saying I'm enjoying our plight is hurtful,very! Nothing could be further from the truth! I think we need to win one if the next two,that would be a massive lift for everyone
Well unfortunately your posts very much convey that you are enjoying the clubs current plight whether true or not.
Those games are hard but wins against Bristol at home and Quins at twickers are more than achievable.
Wins in the other 2 are also,possible
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

1. The beauty of sport is that anything can happen. I've been absolutely convinced of the outcome before the game and been completely wrong at the end - e.g. 10 yrs back v South Africa. If we all truly knew what was going to happen, there'd be no need to turn up and watch.

2. It's hugely important not to confuse opinion with fact, or you can make predictions, get it wrong and look (and feel) stupid. Most learn this lesson eventually, best do it sooner rather than later.

3. And try to remember, it's only a game.
Last edited by loretta on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:39 pm I struggle to look at the bigger picture sometimes! I just look at Saints,Chiefs,Bristol and Quin's and worry where we are going to get our next points from! But people saying I'm enjoying our plight is hurtful,very! Nothing could be further from the truth! I think we need to win one if the next two,that would be a massive lift for everyone
Try looking at it in a more positive sense. 2 wins on the bounce, young team blooded against Cardiff and our internationals nearly all ready to start. If we lose against Saints then as long as it is not for a want of trying, then that’s just sport and we have been turned over by a better team.
But just post something positive about the team. Then people wont draw such a conclusion.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I know it's not the done thing around here but a lot of respect has to be paid to Saints and Chris Boyd, their squad is so much better than it was even two years ago and not especially top loaded with superstars. They're what we should aim for in the coming seasons, though hopefully there's some giant flaw we can exploit come Saturday!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:25 pm I know it's not the done thing around here but a lot of respect has to be paid to Saints and Chris Boyd, their squad is so much better than it was even two years ago and not especially top loaded with superstars. They're what we should aim for in the coming seasons, though hopefully there's some giant flaw we can exploit come Saturday!
Totally agree, and he and Vesty have got their youngsters playing some great rugby.
I would say they have 3 or 4 class players at half back in the row and on the wing, but they are as any side are beatable on any given day.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

watsonjm wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 pm Does anyone know a rugby pub in Market Harborough to watch the game?
The Angel Hotel usually shows Tigers games (or always used to)
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:30 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:25 pm I know it's not the done thing around here but a lot of respect has to be paid to Saints and Chris Boyd, their squad is so much better than it was even two years ago and not especially top loaded with superstars. They're what we should aim for in the coming seasons, though hopefully there's some giant flaw we can exploit come Saturday!
Totally agree, and he and Vesty have got their youngsters playing some great rugby.
I would say they have 3 or 4 class players at half back in the row and on the wing, but they are as any side are beatable on any given day.
Completely agree. As with almost all teams in the Premiership (perhaps bar Exeter and Sarries) there are weaknesses in every team and squad and on any given day teams can beat each other.

If i look at the Saints team I think our front 5 should be well equipped to match them at set piece time and if Youngs, Ford, Reid, Tuilagi, May, Holmes, Worth play then our backline is as strong as theirs for the most part albeit Naiyaravoro is a bit special and takes some stopping but so does Manu.

SHould be a cracker and as I said earlier in the week I reckon if both teams play something resembling their potential there'll be 7 points in it albeit Saints are favourites being on form and at home.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I think the Saints game should be a good test for where the team is at. Saints under Boyd seem to be consistently punching above their weight. With Tigers hopefully fielding a stronger side with the inclusion of some returning internationals and building on some wins, on paper it should be a good and close contest.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Form never counts for Derby Day!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I don't keep records etc but was the away win at Twickenham, the Horne match, the last time we beat Saints, in how many matches?