Sam Aspland Robinson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Sam Aspland Robinson

Post by sapajo »

Has has been ruled out of action for up to six months after fracturing his tibia in the European Challenge Cup win over Pau at Welford Road. :smt010 :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Sam Aspland Robinson

Post by RichieB »

Jeez, I didn't even see how he did it. He's only just returned from injury as well hasn't he? 6 months out is a long time in a relatively short professional rugby career. Let us hope he recovers well and it doesn't cause him problems in the future.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RichieB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 am Jeez, I didn't even see how he did it. He's only just returned from injury as well hasn't he? 6 months out is a long time in a relatively short professional rugby career. Let us hope he recovers well and it doesn't cause him problems in the future.
Well from what I saw he was running down his wing and he dipped very low into the awaiting Pau defender post the tackle he was left on the floor clearly in agony. Medic came on he got up hopping on one leg and tried to run it off but he was clearly in a lot of pain and was supported off the pitch.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

sapajo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:39 am
RichieB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 am Jeez, I didn't even see how he did it. He's only just returned from injury as well hasn't he? 6 months out is a long time in a relatively short professional rugby career. Let us hope he recovers well and it doesn't cause him problems in the future.
Well from what I saw he was running down his wing and he dipped very low into the awaiting Pau defender post the tackle he was left on the floor clearly in agony. Medic came on he got up hopping on one leg and tried to run it off but he was clearly in a lot of pain and was supported off the pitch.
I saw him hopping off, but didn't see the contact. The Pau flanker (with the dodgy haircut) didn't even last as long as Sam did he? A little heartless of me in hindsight, but at the time I wondered why they didn't exit the players off the pitch near where the injury occurred rather than walking straight across the middle. Not that there is much space around the edge of the pitch to do this, plus given the extent of the injury, probably the shortest distance back.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Awful news. Unfortunately has been racked by injuries so far in his career. Hopefully it doesn’t curtail his development too much.

We do have Browning or Gilliand from the Academy. Or Henry Purdy might be a good shout from Coventry as an injury replacement for 6 months.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Think we might be ok, Browning will just be called to cover.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Think we might be ok, Browning will just be called to cover.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

What rotten luck.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:37 pm Think we might be ok, Browning will just be called to cover.
Or this gives the ability to extend Forsyth’s cover deal to a full injury dispensation.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Aged 69 in a match, my opponent broke my tibia, and with proper nutrition, exercise and diet, I was back playing in 3 months.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Best wishes and speedy recovery.................................................
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....