Post by JP14 »

Taufua was training with no bib today.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: European Challenge Cup - Cardiff vs Tigers

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:33 pm Taufua was training with no bib today.
Not suggesting he wasn't actually injured, however at the time I wondered if he got hooked as he had already got on the wrong side of JP a couple of times!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

My apologies if I’ve missed this but where is Liebenberg at present
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:58 am My apologies if I’ve missed this but where is Liebenberg at present
Ankle injury
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:27 am
Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:58 am My apologies if I’ve missed this but where is Liebenberg at present
Ankle injury
Thank you
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Whatever people think of team selections, we have not won two games in a row for 12 months and 17 days across all competitions. Tigers are also now in a worse position compared to last year so we should be looking to start with the strongest team available, then bring on the benchers at the earliest opportunity. Time to stop faffing about with trial combinations and stick to a consistent formula, this is a game all about momentum - IMHO!!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

DingDong wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:48 am Whatever people think of team selections, we have not won two games in a row for 12 months and 17 days across all competitions. Tigers are also now in a worse position compared to last year so we should be looking to start with the strongest team available, then bring on the benchers at the earliest opportunity. Time to stop faffing about with trial combinations and stick to a consistent formula, this is a game all about momentum - IMHO!!
I would normally agree with you but we do not want season-ending injuries due to the plastic pitch :smt001
A2O
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

The same or stronger team that was fielded for the Pau game please
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:56 am
DingDong wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:48 am Whatever people think of team selections, we have not won two games in a row for 12 months and 17 days across all competitions. Tigers are also now in a worse position compared to last year so we should be looking to start with the strongest team available, then bring on the benchers at the earliest opportunity. Time to stop faffing about with trial combinations and stick to a consistent formula, this is a game all about momentum - IMHO!!
I would normally agree with you but we do not want season-ending injuries due to the plastic pitch :smt001
Totally agree with you about the risk on these pitches, but our dilemma is also about getting back to a winning formula. Other clubs manage on these surfaces every other week, we only play on them once in a while, and because of the serious state of Tigers at he moment i'd suggest its a risk we have to take.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

DingDong wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 am
Totally agree with you about the risk on these pitches, but our dilemma is also about getting back to a winning formula. Other clubs manage on these surfaces every other week, we only play on them once in a while, and because of the serious state of Tigers at he moment i'd suggest its a risk we have to take.
If we do play a full strength side I will be deep in prayer hoping that all of our players come through unscathed particularly Ford, Tuilagi and Lavanini who I think are irreplaceable. :smt022
A2O
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

DingDong wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 am
We can't be afraid of a plastic pitch. To send a weakened side reduces the chance of winning the game, and in case people haven't noticed we need to win a lot more - not less. Injuries will happen on any surface, it's that sort of sport, ask SAR.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Whilst I do agree that momentum is important and not something we have built upon before.

I would also say that the RWC does need to be taken into consideration and it’s going to be tough to manage what games to play Manu, Cole, Ford, Youngs and May.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Do we also have to consider playing limitations / mandatory rest for out England players? I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that we would only be able to have our England players for seven games this season? I'm not sure how the regs work or if that's true though. If it is true then perhaps the primary focus for them should be the premiership? Particularly for the games towards the end of the season...…?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MCC1964 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 am Do we also have to consider playing limitations / mandatory rest for out England players? I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that we would only be able to have our England players for seven games this season? I'm not sure how the regs work or if that's true though. If it is true then perhaps the primary focus for them should be the premiership? Particularly for the games towards the end of the season...…?
30 games in total from when the pre World Cup internationals started, anything over 20 minutes on the pitch constitutes a game
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I've seen first hand how awful the scrapes and burns are from that pitch, honestly I'd rather we just don't turn up and let Cardiff have the 5 points. Europe is an interesting diversion but we don't have the player resources to make a push on both fronts, and I'd rather see us concentrate more on not getting relegated.