5. Lavanini
6. Kalamafoni
7. Reffell
8. Boladau
9. Harrison
10. Hardwick
11. Worth
12. Reid
13. Taute (although most likely I wouldn't risk him on the pitch)
14. Holmes
15. Steward

16. Kerr, 17. Bateman, 18. Heyes, 19. Wells, 20. Thompson, 21. White, 22. Viljeon, 23. Thompstone

With A league team of
1. Hills
2. Clare
3. Cortes
4. Martin (If he isn't banned still)
5. Jordan
6. Lewis
7. Coghlan
8. Smith
9. Simmons
10. Costelow
11. Browning
12. Forsyth
13. Thomas
14. Gililand
15. McPhillips

16, Stevens, 17. Lines, 18. Dimen, 19. Manz, 20. Lavin, 21. Law, 22. Guest player, 23. Bungaroo
Last edited by RagingBull on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: European Challenge Cup - Cardiff vs Tigers

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:38 pm 1 Gigena
2 Youngs
3 Heyes
4 Spencer
5 Lavanini
6 Reffell
7 Coghlan
8 Boladau
9 Simmons
10 Reid
11 Olowofela
12 Hardwick
13 Taute
14 Holmes
15 Worth
16 Kerr
17 Bateman
18 Leatigaga
19 Green
20 Taufua
21 White
22 Costelow
23 Steward
I cant see Taufua being fit for Cardiff, he was doing the PR in the Droglites after the Pau game, along with Polota Nua
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I wasn’t aware there was an A League game, is it at home?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Being shown live on BT Sport 2.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I'd rest Manu due to his groin issues and the Cardiff plastic pitch. Taute is a risk as he's had knee issues but he needs game time much more than Manu.

1.Gigena 2.Youngs 3.Leatigaga 4.Lavanini 5.Spencer 6.Kalamafoni 7.Reffell 8.Boladau
9.Ford 10.Hardwick 11.Holmes 12.Reid 13.Taute 14.Thompstone 15.Steward

16.Kerr 17.Genge 18.Heyes 19.Green 20.Thompson 21.Youngs 22.Ford 23.Olowofela

I thought Reffell and Boladau had really good games at the weekend so definitely hope they start. Lavanini and Spencer has potential as a partnership so give them time together as well.

Youngs and Ford on the bench is a risk but it's really important to get some momentum. If it's tight late on then they could be the difference. If it isn't close either way then don't risk them.

Cardiff aren't in the best place either at the moment. Particularly missing talisman Navidi in the back row. It's a game we should be targeting to build momentum before the massively important Saints match.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

They might not have Navidi but Ellis Jenkins is fit I believe, plus old warhead Nick Williams, Halahalo, fullback Morgan, dangerous outfit at full strength and I think Cardiff are targeting this competition for automatic Heineken Cup promotion.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Wouldn't risk either Manu or Taute. The pitch is so injurious Pro14 clubs select out their knee/ankle/groin sufferers, just as Chiefs never select Nowell on plastic pitches. An abomination IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Potentially difficult choices to be made for this game regarding the possibility of injury due to the pitch.
We have to look at the bigger picture , I think, with any potential casualty either omitted or at best on the bench - can't risk a season for one match.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If we don’t target a win mentally we will get smashed.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 am They might not have Navidi but Ellis Jenkins is fit I believe, plus old warhead Nick Williams, Halahalo, fullback Morgan, dangerous outfit at full strength and I think Cardiff are targeting this competition for automatic Heineken Cup promotion.
Olly Robinson missing from the back row on top of Navidi though. I'd guess their back row will be Turnball, Jenkins and Williams which is still strong.

Kristian Dacey is out with a broken foot, a big hit for the front row.

Cardiff have some dangerous backs, particularly outside backs in Halaholo, Amos, Lane and Morgan. Josh Adams is expected to be rested until December. If Tomos Williams returns then he will be danger at scrum-half.

Their tight 5 is one that Tigers should be able to target though. Especially with our props going very well and all of the locks now available.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am If we don’t target a win mentally we will get smashed.
This is the critical point, Tiger have to get into the mindset of going into every match with aim of winning.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ABClub wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 am I'd rest Manu due to his groin issues and the Cardiff plastic pitch. Taute is a risk as he's had knee issues but he needs game time much more than Manu.

1.Gigena 2.Youngs 3.Leatigaga 4.Lavanini 5.Spencer 6.Kalamafoni 7.Reffell 8.Boladau

I thought Reffell and Boladau had really good games at the weekend so definitely hope they start. Lavanini and Spencer has potential as a partnership so give them time together as well.

Youngs and Ford on the bench is a risk but it's really important to get some momentum. If it's tight late on then they could be the difference. If it isn't close either way then don't risk them.

Cardiff aren't in the best place either at the moment. Particularly missing talisman Navidi in the back row. It's a game we should be targeting to build momentum before the massively important Saints match.
Ford at 9? also at 22?? :smt017
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am
ABClub wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 am I'd rest Manu due to his groin issues and the Cardiff plastic pitch. Taute is a risk as he's had knee issues but he needs game time much more than Manu.

Meant to be White at 9. Cheers for pointing it out. Typing on autopilot after a night shift!

I'd like to see White and Hardwick get a chance with some experience outside them in the centre and wings. Hold Youngs and Ford back for impact if things are close late on in the game.

Similar with Genge in terms of impact. Cardiff's starting tighthead is Scott Andrews who I'd expect Gigena to pressure in the scrum. Save Genge for the final quarter and let him have a real go at the inexperienced Kieron Assiratti.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ABClub wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am
LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

Meant to be White at 9. Cheers for pointing it out. Typing on autopilot after a night shift!

I'd like to see White and Hardwick get a chance with some experience outside them in the centre and wings. Hold Youngs and Ford back for impact if things are close late on in the game.

Similar with Genge in terms of impact. Cardiff's starting tighthead is Scott Andrews who I'd expect Gigena to pressure in the scrum. Save Genge for the final quarter and let him have a real go at the inexperienced Kieron Assiratti.
I thought you were still hungover after our win on Saturday. :smt052