Re: European Challenge Cup - Cardiff vs Tigers

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Try Tigers, conversion missed
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Poor scrum and easy Cardiff try. Shame as we look ok in defence. Also with that monster centre of theirs going off is a bonus.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

We score a try and are so amazed we allow them to walk in for one of theirs!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I don't think I've ever seen a worse defended try line than that, not a single Tiger beyond the posts.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

ashleytiger wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm We score a try and are so amazed we allow them to walk in for one of theirs!
:smt041
There is never any points for 2nd place...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I'm losing the will to live watching this rubbish. Most of the time it's just a load of big blokes standing around in a field.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Come on guys selection was trashed, we can’t do this we can’t do that yet we’re 3 points down at half time. Admittedly I’m not watching but it’s a scratch side away on a plastic pitch.
Would a little bit of positivity really kill anyone
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm Come on guys selection was trashed, we can’t do this we can’t do that yet we’re 3 points down at half time. Admittedly I’m not watching but it’s a scratch side away on a plastic pitch.
Still in it and some good moments....ref does not have clue but he’s equally bad for both sides
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm kick for territory not an up and under
The Cardiff wingers are sat on the touchline. Up and under in poor conditions, keep the opposition trying to play out from their own half and looks to force errors and penalties. It's straight out of the Irish and Sarries playbook.

We're tackling very narrowly which is a concern, our drift has just about worked so far. We need to improve that in the second half.

Lads are working hard. It's not coming off , couple of backs move that have come off saw us score and then get tackled a metre or so short.

Now if the ref will stop the Cardiff replacement loosehead from driving across instead of pushing straight we might do ok in the second half.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

The outstanding positive... Genge. Has been a monster in defence and with ball in hand. I just worry for any big bloke playing on this surface. Couple of their lads have already had to go off
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm Come on guys selection was trashed, we can’t do this we can’t do that yet we’re 3 points down at half time. Admittedly I’m not watching but it’s a scratch side away on a plastic pitch.
It's bad. Us saying it isn't bad won't change the fact that it is actually bad. Not terrible though so that's sort of an improvement on our last European campaign.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 pm
It's bad. Us saying it isn't bad won't change the fact that it is actually bad. Not terrible though so that's sort of an improvement on our last European campaign.
I get that I promise you, it just seems that it is far easier to be negative. TBH stopping them getting 4 tries and getting a losing bonus point would be a really good result, anymore would be brilliant, and not picking up any serious injuries would be a real bonus
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:59 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm kick for territory not an up and under
The Cardiff wingers are sat on the touchline. Up and under in poor conditions, keep the opposition trying to play out from their own half and looks to force errors and penalties. It's straight out of the Irish and Sarries playbook.
territory doesn't have to mean touch
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Hardwick's kicking is usually wayward
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:10 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 pm
I get that I promise you, it just seems that it is far easier to be negative. TBH stopping them getting 4 tries and getting a losing bonus point would be a really good result, anymore would be brilliant, and not picking up any serious injuries would be a real bonus
Totally agree with you, not a bad effort results wise, about as fun as watching soup simmer though. They should just let Genge and Nick Williams arm wrestle for it then everybody can go home.