European Challenge Cup - Cardiff vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

happywomble

Re: European Challenge Cup - Cardiff vs Tigers

Post by happywomble »

Yes, we may have the edge front five, but otherwise, no so much. Anyone checked the weather forecast or is it a closed roof?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

happywomble wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:39 pm Yes, we may have the edge front five, but otherwise, no so much. Anyone checked the weather forecast or is it a closed roof?
Very much doubt it’s being played at the millennium stadium or what ever it’s called these days. Cardiff play their matches next door at the old arms park
Baz

Post by Baz »

Looks as if, with the exception of Gengey, GM is, quite rightly, taking the league more seriously than the Challenge Cup. We'll never need our top players more than for this coming season.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:18 pm Great to see Simmons in the matchday squad, Cardiff team quite strong (but weak in the pack maybe?) so as long as we don’t get embarrassed and get something for our efforts it should be a good day’s work.
Our pack has 3 capped players plus at least a couple of under 20 international’s. Half backs both played u 20 test matches, and the rest of the back line all have premiership/pro 14/ super rugby experience so it’s hardly a weak side.
Just need to see them gel, stick ti the game plan, and cut out the silly unforced errors that happened at London Irish
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What's with the bench are Tigers looking to throw the match?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

G.K wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm What's with the bench are Tigers looking to throw the match?
Costelow got an excellent write up for his performance in the Championship last weekend. Lewis, Jordan and Steward also doing well out on loan. Got to give these lads a chance or they'll leave and we'll wonder what might have been. Simmons needs game time and the replacement front rowers are all good players.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Sensible keeping the vulnerable off the plastic. I think these pitches should be banned and point deductions imposed! (Tongue in cheek for the pedants!)

Ok it'll never happen.....but I believe the game should be played on propper grass growing in propper soil! Or better.….....mud. Thick, lovely, gloopy, mud.

Once a prop!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Do we think Ellis is doing the translations for big Tomas??
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm Do we think Ellis is doing the translations for big Tomas??
Bristolian and Spanish are basically the same
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:10 pm Sensible keeping the vulnerable off the plastic. I think these pitches should be banned and point deductions imposed! (Tongue in cheek for the pedants!)

Ok it'll never happen.....but I believe the game should be played on propper grass growing in propper soil! Or better.….....mud. Thick, lovely, gloopy, mud.

Once a prop!
You can get a bit overenthusiastic. One season we couldn't play at all Jan-Feb in Swansea since it rained best Welsh style from early Sept through to April EVERY day.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

I must say, I am looking forward to seeing what Lewis, Jordan, Smith, Steward and Costello can do but I would have liked them to be brought in alongside Ford, Benny, Manu, Taufua etc, so they had a strong team around them.
JayC2
Tiger Cub

Post by JayC2 »

Protecting first XV for the match with Saints = much bigger game for us so makes sense to me.

Don't understand why White is captain over Wells (say) as for me he really needs to focus on his game management first....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I saw Smith play the last time we played Cardiff in the 18/19 preseason, not convinced he’s a Number 8 but I haven’t seen him play since.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:31 pm I saw Smith play the last time we played Cardiff in the 18/19 preseason, not convinced he’s a Number 8 but I haven’t seen him play since.
He looked very good that day, but so did Olowefela in the centre!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:31 pm I saw Smith play the last time we played Cardiff in the 18/19 preseason, not convinced he’s a Number 8 but I haven’t seen him play since.
Good job he’s playing at 6 then