Will anyone want to buy the club??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Will anyone want to buy the club??

Post by WiggoTiger »

I've heard many rumours that offers have been placed with the club but been rejected as not meeting the price PT wants. I heard KP were willing to pay the £60m but were told not at that price.
No one with any salt will want to buy the club at that price with the performances heading towards the Championship.
My club seems to be falling apart all round. We'll become the new Falcons/Irish wallowing around at the bottom.
A disappointed WT :smt017 :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will anyone want to buy the club??

Post by chewbacca »

A re-valuation needed I think if the move to sell is serious. It's only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.
I'm not cynical just experienced
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm I've heard many rumours that offers have been placed with the club but been rejected as not meeting the price PT wants. I heard KP were willing to pay the £60m but were told not at that price.
No one with any salt will want to buy the club at that price with the performances heading towards the Championship.
My club seems to be falling apart all round. We'll become the new Falcons/Irish wallowing around at the bottom.
KP? Surprised their offer wasn’t peanuts.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

teds wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm I've heard many rumours that offers have been placed with the club but been rejected as not meeting the price PT wants. I heard KP were willing to pay the £60m but were told not at that price.
KP? Surprised their offer wasn’t peanuts.
I presume KP means King Power. If they wanted the club they'd have purchased us. They have deep pockets and aren't afraid to invest. They purchased Leicester with the intention of getting them into the Premier League and therefore spreading the King Power logo all over the Asian cover age of the league. I'm not sure we'd offer them the same marketing opportunities that the football club did.

Shame because the massive Leicester City training complex could have easily accommodated the rugby club as well.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm I've heard many rumours that offers have been placed with the club but been rejected as not meeting the price PT wants.
To be honest, with the results as they are, and the crowd figures going south, PT will be lucky to get anything for the club. If Tigers were listed on the stock exchange, their price would be going down rapidly.

In a way I hope PT is forced to sell rock-bottom as the current shareholders really don’t deserve anything. But .. our club doesn’t deserve that :smt022
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Bristol Tiger. Not sure why you think the current shareholders deserve nothing. Many of these shareholders are long-term supporters of the club who just own a few shares from when the PLC was first formed.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I thought we were selling for 60 million?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Serious buyers might expect a revaluation downwards (i.e. a cheaper purchase) if the club ceases to be a premiership side...
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Bet KP offered asking price..........
Moved goal posts as their position was threaten otherwise where's the statement.

I wish KP would come back with a seriously great offer and take over the management of a Top club in crisis. :smt009
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Rugby clubs don't really ever make any money do they, especially not in the region that would recoup £60m, so it would have to be a passion project for somebody. Still boggles my mind that you can buy one of the biggest club sides in the world for 2/3rds of Harry Maguire.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

if they wait until we are relegated, they should get it on the cheap
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not sure on the logic that people buy because of success.
Owners are not the same as Players, they don't tend to focus on how successful a team is when they buy, it's too much money for that mindset.

I struggle to name many Owners who brought teams that were at their peak in any sport.
Usually because
1. Who sells a successful club?
2. How many owner would want to buy a club without being the one to help make to help make a new legacy? Good or bad Owners do like to be able to put their own signature on a club.

I'm glad the club isn't just selling it too the first person who comes along at least it shows people are not desperate to be rid of us.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

With hindsight the timing of the Board's decision to put the club on the market has not been the best. The on-field performances last season, and now this, might be a bit of a worry to potential investors, but perhaps more concerning has been the Saracens salary cap scandal and Wasps poor financial results. It is pretty clear that it is the CVC buy-in money that is keeping things afloat and owners such as Richardson are going to have to continue putting their hands into pockets for the foreseeable future.

Having said that, I agree that it is a good thing that the Board is being selective, if that is the case. I just hope that a suitable investor(s) can be found sooner rather than later as there needs to be some serious focus on the coaching and playing side of the club before it is too late.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I don't know where this King Power rumour has come from I have heard nothing and follow stuff about them fairly closely due to being a season ticket holder at the football
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:41 am I thought we were selling for 60 million?
Chinese have just bought British Steel for £50M!