Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Will anyone want to buy the club??

Post by LE18 »

RichieB wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:21 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:41 am I thought we were selling for 60 million?
Chinese have just bought British Steel for £50M!
But they were going/gone bust..... oh hold on........
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:14 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm I've heard many rumours that offers have been placed with the club but been rejected as not meeting the price PT wants.
To be honest, with the results as they are, and the crowd figures going south, PT will be lucky to get anything for the club. If Tigers were listed on the stock exchange, their price would be going down rapidly.

In a way I hope PT is forced to sell rock-bottom as the current shareholders really don’t deserve anything. But .. our club doesn’t deserve that :smt022
Bristol Tiger - although I'm one of those shareholders, you're dead right that we don't really deserve anything. Why? Because, according to Peter Tom, over 99% voted for his re-election as Executive Chairman at the 2018 AGM. How could anybody put their tick in the box for him after the damage he (and his cronies on the Board) have done to our club over the last 10 years. So, over 99% of us should be getting exactly what we deserve - nothing!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

The 'brand' is still strong (in the sense it is very recognisable), Tigers own the Welford Road site and we have a cohort of international players. So yes, I would have thought a buyer will appear. The on field problems clearly aren't ideal, but I would have thought a serious investor would believe they could sort that out with the right appointments. The potential is here.

I guess there are some boarder uncertainties that might weigh on a potential buyer. If Wray is successful in challenging the salary cap, the whole landscape will change. This is both a risk and an opportunity, but the cost to compete at the top level could rise considerably. The other point is the UK economy is sluggish (with a number of obvious uncertainties.....), so is the East Midlands the right place to invest?

If King Power did offer £60M, I'm amazed that the club turned it down.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

MurphysLaw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm With hindsight the timing of the Board's decision to put the club on the market has not been the best. The on-field performances last season, and now this, might be a bit of a worry to potential investors, but perhaps more concerning has been the Saracens salary cap scandal and Wasps poor financial results. It is pretty clear that it is the CVC buy-in money that is keeping things afloat and owners such as Richardson are going to have to continue putting their hands into pockets for the foreseeable future.
Having said that, I agree that it is a good thing that the Board is being selective, if that is the case. I just hope that a suitable investor(s) can be found sooner rather than later as there needs to be some serious focus on the coaching and playing side of the club before it is too late.
... do you really believe that they are being selective!!
After all that has happened in the last few seasons, with their revolving door philosophy regarding Head Coaches, short sighted fixes and now it seems attempting to extort a big fat paycheck before riding into the sunset.
King Power is the ideal buyer for this club, it would work on all levels, so why won't they sell to them. This Board lacks integrity and a morale sense of duty. They do not care, and it is evident in their actions that they work only for themselves!!!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

If KP bought the club, I think you’d find it wouldn’t be too long before a move to the Crisp Bowl is on the cards, and selling the WRd estate for redevelopment.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JWM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 am If KP bought the club, I think you’d find it wouldn’t be too long before a move to the Crisp Bowl is on the cards, and selling the WRd estate for redevelopment.
Complete rubbish and scare mongering
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

King Power respect their invetment, we would stay at Welford Road. I wouldn’t mind the odd European semifinal at the Walkers though, if we ever get there :smt046
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

The KP interest is just a rumour with no substance. Where's the logic in it for them? Rugby is a black hole when it comes to money, and the reason they invested in football is due to the amount of exposure the Premier League gets in Asia and the massive potential for growth. Which fits perfectly with the KP brand.

Domestic English rugby has effectively no market in Asia, especially one worth 60M. Even in Japan following the RWC, football is massively ahead in all aspects.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

And KP have a Basket ball interests in Asia - so why not Rugby :smt017
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

As far as I'm aware, they don't own a basketball team though. And they I'm pretty certain they don't own a British basketball team which is a better comparison to buying a English rugby club.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Silence is golden I am beginning to think that the longer this sale goes on the harder it will be to attract any buyers. So this may now require an urgent and significant investment from the current incumbents to arrest the slide.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

JWM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 am If KP bought the club, I think you’d find it wouldn’t be too long before a move to the Crisp Bowl is on the cards, and selling the WRd estate for redevelopment.
.. are you a board member?
This just comes across like the juvenile thoughts of our supposed leaders.
If it is just bantz then fair play!!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Redstripeman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:37 am
.. are you a board member?
This just comes across like the juvenile thoughts of our supposed leaders.
If it is just bantz then fair play!!
I would have thought the only way KP would buy the club is if they could consolidate both clubs to the KP, and presumably the training facilities as well. It is such an obvious move to a return on the investment.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

combining grounds would not work - primacy of tenure is still an issue with PL and premiership clubs

Think the lack of interest in Asia would make KP investment unlikely
Less is more....
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Bunchy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am combining grounds would not work - primacy of tenure is still an issue with PL and premiership clubs

Think the lack of interest in Asia would make KP investment unlikely
Thats a reasoned argument.
I'm not cynical just experienced