Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:51 am
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:51 pm I forgot about the Cordero fiasco!
Plus Mafi, he was heavily linked with come back for this season. Another deal we couldn’t get over the line and joined a rival premiership club instead.

How many players were we linked to? Du Preez brothers, supposedly having signed Dan, Roelof Smit, Donnacha Ryan. Have to wonder at some point why we aren’t getting the required quality in.

Hopefully McGinty might change things around. No need to have that many people on the board. Kay and Underwood can go.
I think we have to be careful not to confuse press/supporters speculation with genuine approaches and negotiations.

Mafi, for example, would only ever have been looked at as a lock - a lock with a dodgy knee, that is - and, given the importance of the position, I doubt there are many who would say we made the wrong decision in going for Lavanini instead!
Looking at each case individually and you don’t see a problem. However, take the ones we know about and add them up and it does paint a worrying picture.

Need to streamline the rugby board. Only need Cohen, McGinty and head coach. What’s the saying, too many cooks.....
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:55 am Raging Bull I don't excuse Cohen from blame, what I do object to is him being targeted solely for blame when others deserve as much or more. And also those on other vehicles who seem to think the name itself justifies the level of harassment he and his family have had. :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Cohen is complicit, along with the rest of the Board. I had hoped BK would bring some sense, but apparently he was a MOC supporter!
My cards are on the table. In spite of starting the trail, and asking some questions around how one measures the performance of CEO. I don't believe Simon Cohen is 'responsible' for the chaos of today at Tigers. The personal attacks on him and his family were also inexcusable and reprehensible.

What sticks in my throat is the fact that Simon Cohen choses to remain in post whilst working with a Board that is clearly failing the club. If they don't believe that they are failing, then what metric are they going to use to convince supporters of that.

In my opinion Simon Cohen should have had the good grace to resign, on the basis that he can't deliver for the club as CEO given the fact that the Board is dysfunctional. Instead he remains, takes the pay cheque and argues that nothing is his responsibility. Although to be fair Tigers were winning he was very keen to tell me that he played a significant part in that success.

Last year he played politics to distance himself from criticism. He is a slick political operator, but a slick political operator is not what I want for my club, unless the outcome is that we produce some great rugby teams on the field.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Doubt anyone with sense thinks that those comments towards Cohen and family are justified. But at the same time it doesn't distract from his influence on the playing side of the squad as well during that time.

I only think Tom should be blame as much as him, In terms of blame I put Tom at the top, Cohen and Glynn together behind him with BK and RU under those.

On Mafi TBF to the club it seemed to be him messing us about more than the other way around.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mafi messed us about rather than we messed him about, he’s on ridiculous money at Irish anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whoops RB beat me to it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:31 am Just like there is some that will place the blame at Cohen (Like me) there are those that refuse to see fault in him whatsoever (Like jgriffen)
It balances itself out most of the time.

But I think everyone agrees the problem first and foremost is at the top.

That being said we first missed out on the league

Also if you think that performances wasn't going down 2014 to before then I don't really know what to say.
I also don't understand how people still seem to think cohen had nothing to do with the playing side, he was a rugby agent of course he would be involved in the playing side....
I suspect many others, like me, were not aware of his history as an agent (until I googled him a day or two ago). You have to realise that most supporters don't have the in depth knowledge that you do of the figures behind the scenes.

That said, how does being an agent qualify you to choose players or coaches? Surely it only gives you experience in negotiating.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

There's a good and lengthytake on the current situation at the club and the current CEO's actions by JB in this week's Eggchasers Podcast. It's about an hour in to the pod and well worth a listen.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pm There's a good and lengthytake on the current situation at the club and the current CEO's actions by JB in this week's Eggchasers Podcast. It's about an hour in to the pod and well worth a listen.
Who or what is JB?
Have you got a link to the podcast?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

JWM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am Conflict of interest.
I'm still not seeing why this is a problem for Tigers! BK doesn't hide his Board status - I've seen him refer to it a number of times when asked about matters off the field regarding Tigers. It really doesn't figure when he's talking about on-field stuff where he's just another pundit.

As I said earlier, I see only positives from him being in and around other clubs and players. To stress this point, how would you feel if, say, a Saints Director had an 'access all areas' pass for Oval Park and Welford Road? If there's any conflict, it's between BK and the other clubs and it's for him to manage with them.
[/quote]

For example, BK has to work with his BT colleagues as a peer on Rugby Tonight. Then, imagine, he’s the convenient on hand LT director to ask about the difficulties. For those minutes the relationship changes, it’s no longer peer-to-peer, but there is potential for the peer-to-peer to influence the shape of the interview, or for BK to make use of the platform. Imagine if it had been a Sarries player-become-director, and the potential for saying all sorts about the salary cap.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pm There's a good and lengthytake on the current situation at the club and the current CEO's actions by JB in this week's Eggchasers Podcast. It's about an hour in to the pod and well worth a listen.
Who or what is JB?
Have you got a link to the podcast?
Try this: https://play.acast.com/s/eggchasers/b88 ... c094184e2a

It's about an hour into the pod. JB is one of the contributors to the pod.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup