Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Post by Big Dai »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:12 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm Liverpool? Shame on you. Should be supporting the foxes! 😁😁😄
Haha ah well, mum's from Toxteth dad's from Market Harborough so I've ended up with a bit of both. The old boy still hasn't stopped lording the league win over the rest of us, not that I blame him!
You're lucky...….Dad's mob are from Reading. Guess where they watch their rugby...…………..it's been a painful few days.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Looked like in training it was
9. Youngs
10. Ford
12. Taute
13. Manu
14. SAR
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am Looked like in training it was
9. Youngs
10. Ford
12. Taute
13. Manu
14. SAR
Getting Taute integrated at 12 and 13 will be huge for the season. The midfield has missed his quality enormously with Ford and Manu away. I hope we see Reid playing 12 over the next 2 weeks as well.

Lenny has usually played his best club rugby when his England place is questioned so going into a new World Cup cycle I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the best he has for Tigers in years.

There's not a lot of back three cover in the squad so Aspland-Robinson getting on the pitch is great as well.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am Looked like in training it was
9. Youngs
10. Ford
12. Taute
13. Manu
14. SAR
I very much doubt Taute will play at Cardiff.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I can't quite figure out how Genge can be on holiday when he's the one of our England contingent who has played the least rugby with the England squad. The others have been back for a while although not played last week.

It opens the speculation as to whether he is injured or he's leaving?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

mol2 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 am I can't quite figure out how Genge can be on holiday when he's the one of our England contingent who has played the least rugby with the England squad. The others have been back for a while although not played last week.

It opens the speculation as to whether he is injured or he's leaving?
What?
He’s training with the squad now.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

also heads up for those who want to watch the challenge cup games you need to register on the EPCR rugby website to watch all the games online.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I hadn't spotted he was back in training.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

This, from what I understand, is Pau's side that shows a lot of changes from the side that won away at Bayonne last Saturday.

Fisihoi-Rey-Corato/ Pesenti-Delannoy/ Waqanoborutu-Erbani-Gunther// Daubagna-Taylor/ Votu-Dumoulin-Nicot-Pourrailly/Pinto

Reps : Barka-Moïse-Adriaansse-Metz-Habel kueffner-Le Bail-Hastoy-Nueno

Not many household names in this team. Fly half Tom Taylor apparently had 3 caps for NZ back in 2013.

As an aside, Pau are better known in France as Section Paloise. The word Palois means a native or relating to Pau. A multi-sports club was founded in the Béarn region of SW France in 1902 and the rugby section of the club was called Section Paloise.

If Tigers field a close to full strength side, and as the opposition doesn't appear to be so then Tigers should win (famous last words, so I'll keep my head down if it all goes titz up!!!)
Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:44 am also heads up for those who want to watch the challenge cup games you need to register on the EPCR rugby website to watch all the games online.
Ta
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

When will the Tigers' team be announced? Maybe Geordan can't make his mind up?!
Semper in excretia
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am When will the Tigers' team be announced? Maybe Geordan can't make his mind up?!
Team will be up at 12.00 :smt003
A2O
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I hope we pick a full strength squad, tired of watching make-weights slog out 80 mins of uninspiring lateral motion.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am This, from what I understand, is Pau's side that shows a lot of changes from the side that won away at Bayonne last Saturday.

Fisihoi-Rey-Corato/ Pesenti-Delannoy/ Waqanoborutu-Erbani-Gunther// Daubagna-Taylor/ Votu-Dumoulin-Nicot-Pourrailly/Pinto

Not many household names in this team. Fly half Tom Taylor apparently had 3 caps for NZ back in 2013.

As an aside, Pau are better known in France as Section Paloise. The word Palois means a native or relating to Pau. A multi-sports club was founded in the Béarn region of SW France in 1902 and the rugby section of the club was called Section Paloise.

If Tigers field a close to full strength side, and as the opposition doesn't appear to be so then Tigers should win (famous last words, so I'll keep my head down if it all goes titz up!!!)
Bleddyn should have fun with some of those names on Radio Leicester tomorrow :smt045
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:43 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am This, from what I understand, is Pau's side that shows a lot of changes from the side that won away at Bayonne last Saturday.

Bleddyn should have fun with some of those names on Radio Leicester tomorrow :smt045
He can't even manage Lavanini. His attempts at Mapapalangi were a joy, I thought we had 4 extra players once!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….