Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:18 pm Tigers are in such a mess they cannot afford to fob off any competition, they simply need to get the winning habit back, at least 10 first choice players should start at Cardiff, back to back wins will be a HUGE confidence boost
Yes I agree, play them in Cardiff, but thats why I then suggest saving them in the Northants game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rest them for a derby game?
10mill
Tiger Cub

Post by 10mill »

I’m with Raging Bull, we desperately need league momentum at the minute.

We’re bottom, we need points. Can’t afford to put out a sub par side at Saints.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

What would happen if any England player played more than 2400 hours as surely this could not be calculated until season close
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

in a WC year the responsibility of resting players should fall on England not the clubs
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed our club and I would argue us supporters have suffered as we always do as a result of the world cup. I pay my season ticket to watch all our players and that must include the best.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
cpwhelan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cpwhelan »

Slightly off-piste, but Messrs. Cohen and Tom could not have but noticed how far they have let this club sink that we didn't get a single mention over the weekend on TV - as others have repeatedly pointed out, Tigers were once top table but it really hurts to see we're not even in the house!
CPW
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm Regarding Northants away, recently we have struggled to win there so would this be a good game to rest all our England Internationals, to save them for more important matches, play all the new signings and see if we can get anything out of it?
No. It's a) a derby game and there's local pride on offer and b) we need every point we can get in the league. Sod an away fixture in the European competition, we can still qualify by winning all our home games and the back to back games with Calvasano. It's also not the end of the world if we don't get out of the group, it would be an absolute disaster to get relegated.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There is also a consideration of whether all of the players will be England players moving forwards? Will Coley be in the mix, for example? Also, will YBY be the starting 9 from here onwards? Not saying he shouldn't be btw - just putting it out there for discussion
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

They will have a mixed side for Cardiff most likely.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:23 pm in a WC year the responsibility of resting players should fall on England not the clubs
That's why the RFU pays the clubs millions of pounds. Can't have it both ways.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 pm There is also a consideration of whether all of the players will be England players moving forwards? Will Coley be in the mix, for example? Also, will YBY be the starting 9 from here onwards? Not saying he shouldn't be btw - just putting it out there for discussion
Jones was quite happy to pick a lot of players in 2016 who were almost certain not to make the next World Cup - although perhaps it's different now with plenty of the squad in their twenties already having a lot of international experience.

I imagine Youngs will stay in the squad and play the role of experienced 9, before handing over the shirt sometime in the next couple of years. Not sure there's a clear an obvious choice for his successor though. Cole is perhaps less likely to keep his place.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

cpwhelan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm Slightly off-piste, but Messrs. Cohen and Tom could not have but noticed how far they have let this club sink that we didn't get a single mention over the weekend on TV - as others have repeatedly pointed out, Tigers were once top table but it really hurts to see we're not even in the house!
CPW
Tigers is a business and providing they do not lose anymore money they could not hive a flying fig if Tigers are not mentioned or featured on TV this week end. I know from a large number of fellow supporters around me that they have decided that if the rugby does not improve this season then its adios.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:33 pm They will have a mixed side for Cardiff most likely.
I'd imagine something like;

Gigena, Kerr, Heyes
Spencer, Wells
Coghland, Reffell, Boladau
White, Hardwick
Taute, Viljoen
Owolfela, Thompstone, Steward

Clare, Genge, Leatigaga, Jordan, Lewis, Simmonds, Costelow, Worth.

Might see Steward and Costelow remain with their on loan clubs but it would be nice to expand the experience a bit. McPhillips might get a run out. Give those that are coming back from injury a run out so that we have a bigger selection headache.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Championship is over for a month so doubt it.