Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Post by fleabane »

Just a reminder that the rules of the European competitions demand that teams put out their strongest teams, taking account of injuries, etc.
Valhalla I am coming!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Not the case for the challenge cup though ^
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:47 am Not the case for the challenge cup though ^
[/quote

Whilst I want us to win I wouldn't want it to be against a severely understrength opposition as it would potentially give us a false sense of optimism. I hope they give us a stern test and that we pass it well. The Gloucester performance gave me hope and it shows what can be achieved if the whole team is on their mettle. Let's hope for something similar in the next few weeks. It would be nice to bring our England stars back into a winning team.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fleabane wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am Just a reminder that the rules of the European competitions demand that teams put out their strongest teams, taking account of injuries, etc.
Has someone mentioned this to Mark McCall
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Playing a potential second string French team travelling away from home followed by an Italian double is a great way to regain momentum and confidence. Screw the fact that it might give us false optimism I’m sure the Tigers players will know that if they get the bonus point against Calvisiano it wouldn’t have been the hardest task in the world.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Another defeat looming - Make me eat my jersey :smt038
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

1.Gigena 2.Youngs 3.Leatigaga 4.Lavanini 5.Green 6.Kalamafoni 7.Reffell 8.Thompson
9.Harrison 10.Ford 11.Holmes 12.Reid 13.Tuilagi 14.Thompstone 15.Steward

16.Polota-Nau 17.Bateman 18.Heyes 19.Spencer 20.Lewis 21.Simmons 22.Hardwick 23.Olowofela

I don't expect but hope to see something like that. Ford and Manu are direly needed in the back line for game management and ball carrying threat. Steward I rate very highly and thought he did well against Exeter in the PRC, others have shone at his age.

Genge, Cole, Youngs and May to be rotated in against Cardiff. Hopefully Taufua, Liebenberg, Taute and Veainu are fit for next week as well.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Murphy said in his post match interview that he hoped to have 4 of the England contingent involved in this weekends game.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ABClub wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:43 pm 1.Gigena 2.Youngs 3.Leatigaga 4.Lavanini 5.Green 6.Kalamafoni 7.Reffell 8.Thompson
9.Harrison 10.Ford 11.Holmes 12.Reid 13.Tuilagi 14.Thompstone 15.Steward

16.Polota-Nau 17.Bateman 18.Heyes 19.Spencer 20.Lewis 21.Simmons 22.Hardwick 23.Olowofela

I don't expect but hope to see something like that. Ford and Manu are direly needed in the back line for game management and ball carrying threat. Steward I rate very highly and thought he did well against Exeter in the PRC, others have shone at his age.

Genge, Cole, Youngs and May to be rotated in against Cardiff. Hopefully Taufua, Liebenberg, Taute and Veainu are fit for next week as well.
With Harrison Ford at halfback , we should have no worries😉
Semper in excretia
welfordbliss

Post by welfordbliss »

We need to put out the strongest teams we feasibly can for these upcoming European games - we want to generate as much confidence in the team as possible prior to taking on Saints and Chiefs - both tough games as it is, and poor European results would only make them seem that much more challenging.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm Murphy said in his post match interview that he hoped to have 4 of the England contingent involved in this weekends game.
I missed that. Genge is on holiday and May was carrying an injury so seems likely to be Cole, Lenny, Ford and Manu.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

I hope we get better, please get better Tigers. I want Heineken Rugby now. ASAP. As much as I have considered supporting another club, I can’t. I have been a Tiger STH for over 25 years.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am RB, Tigerbeat is Boladau registered for Europe?
Not sure as I believe that he is only here on loan.
Tigers have 64 players registered at present on the Challenge Cup team list. I am not sure of the maximum number of players that a team can register but this sounds a lot compared to the past Champions Cup limits.
So here are those players ~ they do not include the Groundsman or Welford at this point! Boladau & Forsyth are there.
https://www.epcrugby.com/club/leicester-tigers/#players
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Veainu back for the Pau game. Liebenberg unavailable due to injury. Taufua 50/50 due to HIA protocols. Assume Spencer, Reffell, Eastmond and Taute all back.