Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: Tigers v Pau Saturday Nov 16th

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

No Jonny May have I missed something? I know he was nursing a hamstring during the World Cup presume ( hope ) he is being given time for 100% fitness.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

To be fair to Bleddyn, he now seems to have mastered Lavanini, having initially christened him 'Lanny Veeny'! )Incidentally, I noticed that the announcer at the Mad Stad was completely stumped by Olowofela last week). My young spies tell me that Jonny May is getting some heat treatment in Dubai :smt002
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

KevinR wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm To be fair to Bleddyn, he now seems to have mastered Lavanini, having initially christened him 'Lanny Veeny'! )Incidentally, I noticed that the announcer at the Mad Stad was completely stumped by Olowofela last week). My young spies tell me that Jonny May is getting some heat treatment in Dubai :smt002
Its about time for the Dubai 7s, we had a great time there last year, perhaps England have picked him to replace Ryan Olowofela?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

That’s a good team to be fair, hope they click.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

To my mind Johnny can have some extra time off to recharge as he was one of the few to deliver every game last year
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I’ve registered with the European rugby website and will hopefully see a Tigers’ win!
Semper in excretia
PCA26
Tiger Cub

Post by PCA26 »

Hardwick not selected at 12 or in subs ?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

PCA26 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:48 pm Hardwick not selected at 12 or in subs ?
Wouldn't be surprised if he starts v Cardiff
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

PCA26 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:48 pm Hardwick not selected at 12 or in subs ?
Week off I presume. The Ford/Reid is the combination most likely to have been eyed up as first choice before the season. Taute could do with some game time off the bench and Worth covers more positions.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think we need to win this Challenge Cup thingy which qualifies us for Champions Cup next season. That way, we can focus on Top 4, Jolly Boys' Outing for the Final and Premiership Champions.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mayocaz »

Really worried about this team selection. Pau have sent over a very weak side and we are meanwhile playing lads who a fortnight ago were in a World Cup final. I’d rather our key England players return for our next league game and not riske them in such a pointless match. Anything less than a 25 point win tomorrow would be a below par victory with those teams.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Mayocaz wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 pm Really worried about this team selection. Pau have sent over a very weak side and we are meanwhile playing lads who a fortnight ago were in a World Cup final. I’d rather our key England players return for our next league game and not riske them in such a pointless match. Anything less than a 25 point win tomorrow would be a below par victory with those teams.
A good performance is more important than the result, its a good opportunity to bed in the combinations we're going to rely on in the league. There's not a lot you can do on the training ground that can really prepare you for the real thing.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Mayocaz wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:34 pm Really worried about this team selection. Pau have sent over a very weak side and we are meanwhile playing lads who a fortnight ago were in a World Cup final. I’d rather our key England players return for our next league game and not riske them in such a pointless match. Anything less than a 25 point win tomorrow would be a below par victory with those teams.
A very weak side? If Tigers believe that they could be in for a hard afternoon
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hoping for a good win!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:41 pm I think we need to win this Challenge Cup thingy which qualifies us for Champions Cup next season. That way, we can focus on Top 4, Jolly Boys' Outing for the Final and Premiership Champions.
Bravo, strawclearer! Nothing beats a bit of cautious optimism!
Semper in excretia