Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: BT reckons Relegation...

Post by RagingBull »

Lose tomorrow and we would still be 4 points away from 8th
The only people calling this a crucial game are those that are reactionary so media and usual suspects on here.

Wasps 5 points
Harlequins 6 points
Neither have many to come back from the RWC.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:14 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm Indeed, win and we've got momentum, lose and we're firmly rooted to the bottom. The Exiles team isn't anything special but I'm just a tad scared about what Naholo is going to do to our under-performing wingers.
Olowofela is not underperforming...
And neither is Holmes.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm I haven't been impressed or not by any teams this season but my word the refereeing puts paid to any predictions from me anyway.
I've been bored by the slowing of ruck ball this season so far, it's terrible and mostly just a sumo wrestling contest as a result.
It matters not how good you are when Sir constantly allows lumps illegally all over ruck ball.
I'm sick to death of hearing refs shouts hands off, it's nearly every ruck, penalise the cheating sods and get your cards out for persistent offending!
My view for some seasons. A virus that started in the S. Hemisphere and was imported to Pro12 (yes I know it is now Pro14) and is now the norm. As is feet up when jumping, ruck overruns and so on.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm I haven't been impressed or not by any teams this season but my word the refereeing puts paid to any predictions from me anyway.
I've been bored by the slowing of ruck ball this season so far, it's terrible and mostly just a sumo wrestling contest as a result.
It matters not how good you are when Sir constantly allows lumps illegally all over ruck ball.
I'm sick to death of hearing refs shouts hands off, it's nearly every ruck, penalise the cheating sods and get your cards out for persistent offending!
My view for some seasons. A virus that started in the S. Hemisphere and was imported to Pro12 (yes I know it is now Pro14) and is now the norm. As is feet up when jumping, ruck overruns and so on.
Possibly the most frustrating thing when watching rugby. It's come to the point where you're allowed to break the rules until the referee tells you to stop, and even then you can often continue to break the rules for a few more seconds before you can expect to be penalised. Sometimes it has no effect and the ref is right to play on, but too often it slows possession down by enough to mute the attack.

I half expect a forward pass to be followed by the ref shouting "stop passing forwards........ thank you, good work" before allowing play to continue.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Today, Maxwell Keys showed why he is serially useless..
Sarries are outright cheats, in every which way.
They cheated, fiddled, and tried every single trick in the book to slow any momentum Gloucester managed to apply.
And for all their niggly machinations, , Sarries received not one single card, despite multiple warnings.
So personally, a 35 point fine aint nearly enough to bin these serial cheats
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

so like how we used to play?
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

"Same old Tigers, always cheating" used to be the cry from the shed and there is no doubt we were canny in so far as the laws allowed. But unlike today, I don't remember refs like Norling warning before offences in those days.
I continue to be annoyed at the total disregard of the crooked feed which makes scrums pointless. If we continue like this we may as well just step over the pill as in League. I would also like to know how CM-K today allowed so many offences without waving a yellow card? Rugby people just won't allow that an official may be biased but I am not so sure. It looked to the unbiased eye that there was considerable bias today.

I was amused when the English cricket supporters used the "same old" chant reserved for the Aussies during the Ashes tests.
Similarly today it was aimed at Saracens.
A life long Tiger
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Smudge wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 am "Same old Tigers, always cheating" used to be the cry from the shed and there is no doubt we were canny in so far as the laws allowed. But unlike today, I don't remember refs like Norling warning before offences in those days.
I continue to be annoyed at the total disregard of the crooked feed which makes scrums pointless. If we continue like this we may as well just step over the pill as in League. I would also like to know how CM-K today allowed so many offences without waving a yellow card? Rugby people just won't allow that an official may be biased but I am not so sure. It looked to the unbiased eye that there was considerable bias today.

I was amused when the English cricket supporters used the "same old" chant reserved for the Aussies during the Ashes tests.
Similarly today it was aimed at Saracens.
...and it seems crooked lineout throws are going the same way.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smudge, Norling gave one very clear warning then you got hit. I know, he sent me off. In a charity match :censored:.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BT might be right on the evidence of the first 31 minutes today....long way to go though
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Even with Sarries being docked 35 points there is every likelihood they will still end up with more than us.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

If/when tigers are relegated who will they be left with? Who will want to stay? Will tigers be able to get back up and stay up?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

TigerS2 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:52 pm If/when tigers are relegated who will they be left with? Who will want to stay? Will tigers be able to get back up and stay up?
I would be there...because a trip to Jersey and Cornwall sounds fun...better than Reading!!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 pm Much has been said already. Players to come back from WC duty and injury, more integration of new players (we have had alot of squad churn this srason) and the prospect of a strengthened coaching set up. Plus it is early doors. I had Gloucester to win today but they were nowhere (unfortunately). People have them as nailed-on top 4 but on last week and this they dont look like it; so who knows how the season will unfold. Tigers have lots to do but I think they can and will.
Then they will leave again after a couple of months for the 6N we do not have the depth in the squad to sustain us through the 6N as has already been proved so far this season
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

We're only 4 points off 9th & 7 points off 4th in the league. I admit we need wins but I don't think it's quite time to panic yet....