Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

BT reckons Relegation...

Post by fortysix »

Not for Sarries..
FOR US, probably...
IF we lose to Irish tomorrow, that really makes us favourites..
It is an absolutely crucial match for us, and this cannot be understated.
JGT57

Re: BT reckons Relegation...

Post by JGT57 »

Results today heap pressure back on for tomorrow. Tigers currently 12th
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Indeed, win and we've got momentum, lose and we're firmly rooted to the bottom. The Exiles team isn't anything special but I'm just a tad scared about what Naholo is going to do to our under-performing wingers.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Don’t think BT are wrong. We are going to be in the middle of another relegation dogfight if we lose.
Let’s hope for another good display but if not we are going to be looking around for some inspiration!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Give it a rest, we’ll be 4 games in.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:54 pm Don’t think BT are wrong. We are going to be in the middle of another relegation dogfight if we lose.
Let’s hope for another good display but if not we are going to be looking around for some inspiration!
Hopefully said inspiration will come in the form of the almost half a team of England internationals that are coming back in the next week or so. World Cup seasons are often tough for us at the start. We could really do with getting at least a LBP. The real acid test will be after the Euro games where we will have to get a run of results together whilst we have our key players available.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

After tomorrow, there are still another 90 points available. Lose and Tigers are still within one win of a number of teams.
The forwards have improved, defence has improved and attack is work in progess. Still not seen all of the new signings together and the return of Youngs, Cole, Genge, May, Ford and Manu will add to the team.
Losing Eastmond and Spencer has not been good.....too early imho to talk about relegation......midway may give a better picture.
By the way, the bottom club beat the league leaders today :smt003
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well..........
Mike Bushell for me......
Then Sarries
then us... :smt017
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Hardly, it was always going to be a tough start to the season with it being a World Cup year. Obviously if we win, we’ll shoot up the table. Lose and it’s not the end of the world.

Borthwick is rumoured to be coming in. We’ll have our England internationals back. The longer the squad is together the better the new signings will integrate. Plus we’ll have Spencer, Reffell, Eastmond and Taute to come back from injury. We’re not in an absolutely awful position win or lose tomorrow.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Much has been said already. Players to come back from WC duty and injury, more integration of new players (we have had alot of squad churn this srason) and the prospect of a strengthened coaching set up. Plus it is early doors. I had Gloucester to win today but they were nowhere (unfortunately). People have them as nailed-on top 4 but on last week and this they dont look like it; so who knows how the season will unfold. Tigers have lots to do but I think they can and will.
As Good As It Gets
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I haven't been impressed or not by any teams this season but my word the refereeing puts paid to any predictions from me anyway.
I've been bored by the slowing of ruck ball this season so far, it's terrible and mostly just a sumo wrestling contest as a result.
It matters not how good you are when Sir constantly allows lumps illegally all over ruck ball.
I'm sick to death of hearing refs shouts hands off, it's nearly every ruck, penalise the cheating sods and get your cards out for persistent offending!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fortysix wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:18 pm Not for Sarries..
FOR US, probably...
IF we lose to Irish tomorrow, that really makes us favourites..
It is an absolutely crucial match for us, and this cannot be understated.
Let’s see how we are at Christmas, without having a European competition to worry about.

Then I’ll listen.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Sensible words TinyTiger.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well Bath and Worcester(my favourites for relegation) haven’t helped our cause, a win tomorrow will certainly help.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm Indeed, win and we've got momentum, lose and we're firmly rooted to the bottom. The Exiles team isn't anything special but I'm just a tad scared about what Naholo is going to do to our under-performing wingers.
Olowofela is not underperforming...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni