Alex Sanderson.....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Alex Sanderson.....

Post by drc_007 »

In the short term Saracens will use this adversity to their advantage, what was the Millwall chant

No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don't care!

They will draw on it to bring the team closer. Longer term it will have it must draining effect.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:09 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:07 pm I must preface this with the view that Gloucester were poor today, very poor by their recent standards and this was a gane they should have been looking to win. I have always thought Alex Sanderson was balanced and had humility when things were not going their way. I think he got it wrong today and so did Craig Doyle. It seems Sanderson got some lip from the Gloucester fans at the end; his response was to point to the scoreboard, which might be reasonable in normal times. However these are not normal times and it is the fact they can play so many internationals in a team when they have so many internationals away that is the point......the scoreboard shows they can win with a very "weakened" team. Craig Doyle's response was " you can only point to the scoreboard". That is precisely what the problem is here......buying the scoreboard ...and I don't think either Sanderson nor Doyle get it.
:smt023
These are people to whom winning is the only thing that matters. Cheating or not is completely irrelevant to them.

We shouldn't be surprised at that - rugby is a sport where breaking the rules is encouraged if you can get away with it. Hand in the ruck and the ref doesn't see it? "Well played". Tackler not releasing when the opposition is threatening your line and have a 3 on 1 out wide? Well that's just what clever teams do.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:20 pm In the short term Saracens will use this adversity to their advantage, what was the Millwall chant

No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don't care!

They will draw on it to bring the team closer. Longer term it will have it must draining effect.
As a former (long time ago!) Millwall supporter, the chant hasn’t done them much good.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

In five years, Sarries will be like Richmond and London Welsh..
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

In contrast his brother always came across completely the opposite as a humble and intelligent guy.