London Irish vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: London Irish vs Tigers

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm speaking of Sam Aspland-Robinson, when the teams were named he was sub but at kick off we had an 8-2 splitt, any reason given for the change?
Believe that it was an injury
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Perhaps we need a skills coach? Oh wait..............
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Anyone for a bit of touch rugby!
Perhaps Leicester should try and recruit Scarratt to provide some midfield solidity in defence!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm London Irish are not as bad a side as they were made out to be. The Tigers backline was always going to struggle against the Irish backs for physicality. The players dropping balls , knocking on and passing to no-one is down to poor execution and giving penalties the discipline of the players.
Last week against Gloucester we saw a dogged performance and I am sure that it will return and Tigers will move up the table....
That was the hope last year as well, and we only stayed up because of a disallowed try vs Wasps and Guy Thompson playing like an absolute hero vs Newcastle.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm London Irish are not as bad a side as they were made out to be. The Tigers backline was always going to struggle against the Irish backs for physicality. The players dropping balls , knocking on and passing to no-one is down to poor execution and giving penalties the discipline of the players.
Last week against Gloucester we saw a dogged performance and I am sure that it will return and Tigers will move up the table....
Yet again as per every season we find ourselves just 4 games into a new season waifer thin and lightweight at centre positions.

We had a massive turn over of players last season yet the same old lame excuses are being use every year to camouflage the reality of diabolical coaching and recruitment.

London Irish have just come up from the championship yet made us look like we never played in the Premiership. If Tigers continue with this ostrich mentality then we will be where they were last season very soon
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Well I’m off to watch Les Miserables, to try to take my mind off the big thumping defeat. :smt022 :smt034 :smt022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Enjoy :smt002
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well all the much vaunted new signings are brilliant arent they ?
Will give Tomas a second chance when he is allowed to play 80 mins----snag is , our other locks are Championship class....
As usual, our recruitment is absolutely lousy.
And our youngsters from the Academy wouldnt get into any other squad, let alone team...
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Murphy said after the game:” Some players will need resting because of fatigue.”
This is the problem: Murphy doesn’t ever give us any ideas how he will fix things. I don’t like getting onto Murphy as I loved him as a player but he just hasn’t shown any progress since he became a coach. No more sentiment.
If, as has been rumoured by some former players, Simon Cohen is a major part of the problem, then please can the ex players on The Board act. Now.
Getting back to Murphy’s interview: get the players to train harder and put them under more pressure in training: that’s what Brendan Rogers does to get City passing slickly and look at the effect it’s having!
Those of us who have played sport know when we have lost the next game we are blooming well determined to slog our guts out to get to winning ways again. The only way we will get anything from the Saints’ game is to get the team winning again v Pau and Cardiff. Lose those games and confidence v Saints will be rock bottom.
Apart from those who are injured the rest, including the internationals must play. The internationals can be rotated to have a rest in round 2 of Europe.
Sorry, Tigers getting out of the drop zone comes first.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 pm Murphy said after the game:” Some players will need resting because of fatigue.”
This is the problem: Murphy doesn’t ever give us any ideas how he will fix things. I don’t like getting onto Murphy as I loved him as a player but he just hasn’t shown any progress since he became a coach. No more sentiment.
If, as has been rumoured by some former players, Simon Cohen is a major part of the problem, then please can the ex players on The Board act. Now.
Getting back to Murphy’s interview: get the players to train harder and put them under more pressure in training: that’s what Brendan Rogers does to get City passing slickly and look at the effect it’s having!
Those of us who have played sport know when we have lost the next game we are blooming well determined to slog our guts out to get to winning ways again. The only way we will get anything from the Saints’ game is to get the team winning again v Pau and Cardiff. Lose those games and confidence v Saints will be rock bottom.
Apart from those who are injured the rest, including the internationals must play. The internationals can be rotated to have a rest in round 2 of Europe.
Sorry, Tigers getting out of the drop zone comes first.
If some players are fatigued after playing 4 games and doing well in one of them, then we have some major issues. Young’s, Ford, May, Manu, to a certain degree Cole, yes but Genge hell no. The rest of the squad should be chomping at the bit to right this season not worry about being tired after 320 minutes of rugby in 4 weeks.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

“We were not as bad as the scoreline reflects, but we didn’t deserve to win.”
Geordan Murphy (Rugby Pass)

Not the game I watched. They made us look blunt, uninspired and limited.

At least LI bars still accepted cash and no deposits on cups! 😂
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 pm Well all the much vaunted new signings are brilliant arent they ?
Will give Tomas a second chance when he is allowed to play 80 mins----snag is , our other locks are Championship class....
As usual, our recruitment is absolutely lousy.
And our youngsters from the Academy wouldnt get into any other squad, let alone team...
We have signed Taute (injured not played a game) Viljoen (injured played 2 games) Liebenburg (injured played 3 games), Taufua ( injured played 40 mins).

Spencer injured, Eastmond injured, Bateman injured

All this just 4 games into the season :smt010
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I'm sure some of these injuries are genuine - but is it cynical to see a correlation between dire performance and the number of players unavailable for the games?
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RichieB wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:54 pm I'm sure some of these injuries are genuine - but is it cynical to see a correlation between dire performance and the number of players unavailable for the games?
Yes. You’re suggesting some of the players are faking their injuries?
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I'm suggesting that players might be less inclined to be 'available' for whatever reason when the team is performing so badly. It seems that much depends on the returning England internationals to reinvigorate the team.