London Irish vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish vs Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Attack turned into defence again by dismal handling and 'planned moves' that don't work.

LI down the pitch to score 3rd try.

TMO in for a possible forward pass way back in LI half..... JP Doyle arguing about relative velocity.... and disregards TMO, try awarded.

Sorry, but that was forward...momentum or not. IMO.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

22-6 going into half time. Absolutely tragic.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Ah well. I was looking forward to a Remy tonight......may be I won't bother and have a Guinness?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 pm Henry Slade starting for Exeter, remind me again why Genge couldn't be involved?
Probably chose to distance himself from the circus :smt005
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

We have 2 advantages this season I think..1. We have a load of England players coming back and 2. We have been in a relegation dogfight so this is hardly uncharted territory.
Murphy has got a hell of a team talk to pull out of the bag here.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Bottom, and with 6 disillusioned players coming back into a turgid negative atmosphere with a truly lousy set of coaches, except Stanko, no wonder we are favourites for relegation.
Best for Murphy, + others, if we lose this badly, is to be given their P45's immediately.
Sod the cost.

This Coach has wrecked the Tigers. OConnors results were nowhere nearly as embarrassing as this one.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Just a thought- has Murphy ever gained a league position his entire time in charge? We would have started 2018-19 in 6th alphabetically and then lost heavily to Exeter.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tigers brains left in the changing room. Awful performance, only GuyT seems to be aware the game has started. When the last Tigers attack broke down I got the impression the Tigers players had switched off and were thinking about the changing room. 45th minute but LI still went for the score.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Two players with any credit after that half. Hardwick has played very well, good carries ball in hand and have to ask why isn’t he playing at 10? Reid looks lost a little today.

Bar the penalty, Taufua is getting us over the gainline whilst carrying into heavy traffic. Dynamic too and looking for an offload. Rest of the team is missing. Thompstone looks sadly past it. Don’t mean that in a nasty way, coming back from a awful injury but doesn’t look sharp.
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Not going to bother watching the second half. It’s too depressing. I too, think a heavy defeat would allow Murphy to fall on his sword and be replaced by Borthwick.
Semper in excretia
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I don't really hold Murphy responsible for any of this, does his coaching appear to be up to scratch? No, but he was gifted the
job by the board when he clearly hasn't developed into a good enough coach yet. Ever since MOC left the first time around its been balls up after balls up on their part.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:32 pm Two players with any credit after that half. Hardwick has played very well, good carries ball in hand and have to ask why isn’t he playing at 10? Reid looks lost a little today.
I thought Reid looked lost last week at 10
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm I don't really hold Murphy responsible for any of this, does his coaching appear to be up to scratch? No, but he was gifted the
job by the board when he clearly hasn't developed into a good enough coach yet. Ever since MOC left the first time around its been balls up after balls up on their part.
Yeah I tend to agree. Losing 8 or 9 games on the spin during his trial period would have been a sensible and dignified time to re-evaluate for all concerned, now it's just sad.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm I don't really hold Murphy responsible for any of this, does his coaching appear to be up to scratch? No, but he was gifted the
[/quote
+1
I'm not cynical just experienced
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Boladau on for Taufua, 2nd half kicks off.