Tigers to Tabbies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tigers to Tabbies

Post by BigDan50 »

Just looked on the Saracens fans forum and a post has called us Tigers to Tabbies, sums us up.
How the mighty have fallen.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers to Tabbies

Post by voice of the crumbie »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 am Just looked on the Saracens fans forum and a post has called us Tigers to Tabbies, sums us up.
At least when we were Tigers and winning things we didn't have to cheat the salary cap to do it. So what sums Sarries up. How about "salary cap cheats to.....er salary cap cheats"?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Link to report

https://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s104/st199643.htm

Well worth reading.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Criticised us for having a go at referees? Very one-eyed, that’s literally all Farrell does sometimes.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Not a million miles away from the game I saw on Sunday I am afraid to say
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

drc_007 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:59 am Link to report

Well worth reading.
A decent summary I’d say, but is it telling us something we didn’t know ? Nope. If the author bothered to do some research, they’d find that Tigers have accepted that we’re not good enough and that things need to change and we don’t think we’ve got the right to finish in the Top 4 every season. It’s the media that still say “fortress Welford Road”, no Tigers fan uses that anymore, sadly. It’s a long way back to the top, Saracens should know that, given their slow rise from Watford to European Champions. The fact though is that we’ve been there and are trying to get back.

So what have Saracens given us now they’re at the top of the tree ? Firstly, a hatred across rugby for their alleged financial anomalies relating to the salary cap. Then there’s the style of play....kick...kick...then kick some more. The Wolfpack thing. Amateur jolly boys outings to boost squad togetherness. A soulless stadium that nobody can get to easily unless you live in Barnet. The shouty mentality that if you win a turnover, you celebrate it by shouting, whooping and everyone gets involved. Oh, and the fez.

Yes we’ve got problems. Saracens are a very good team and they have played some decent rugby at times. They won’t and don’t care what is said about them. These things come in cycles. We will be back. Maybe not next year, certainly not this year but we will be back, I just hope I’m still around to see it.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Its easy to criticise when your on top.
Tabbies does sum us up at present but beware the wounded animal.
In our pomp did not hear teams other than Bath and Saints getting a little banter - but slagging off does not become a Champion team.
Dignity for the sport please.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A dose of rabies might be needed.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:16 am Just looked on the Saracens fans forum and a post has called us Tigers to Tabbies, sums us up.
Who cares what others think of us?!

People are enjoying seeing us underperform as we are the biggest club in the country. It would probably be more worrying if people weren’t talking about us.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

TigerBoy1880: Please enlighten me as to how we are the biggest club.

End of season table?

Profitability?

Investments in last five years?

Only club to serve curry?
Valhalla I am coming!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

He’ll say it’s attendance.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Fan base, infrastructure. Arguably the biggest brand and the greatest potential (if on a financially level playing field).
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

fleabane wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:44 pm TigerBoy1880: Please enlighten me as to how we are the biggest club.

End of season table?

Profitability?

Investments in last five years?

Only club to serve curry?
-Most well known club around the country, UK and one of the biggest around the world
-Most successful history
-Biggest attendance

Performance is irrelevant. Look at Man Utd. They’ve won nothing for a few years but are still the biggest club in the country and one of the biggest in the world.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

westwinds31 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:57 am

Well worth reading.
A decent summary I’d say, but is it telling us something we didn’t know ? Nope. If the author bothered to do some research, they’d find that Tigers have accepted that we’re not good enough and that things need to change and we don’t think we’ve got the right to finish in the Top 4 every season. It’s the media that still say “fortress Welford Road”, no Tigers fan uses that anymore, sadly. It’s a long way back to the top, Saracens should know that, given their slow rise from Watford to European Champions. The fact though is that we’ve been there and are trying to get back.

So what have Saracens given us now they’re at the top of the tree ? Firstly, a hatred across rugby for their alleged financial anomalies relating to the salary cap. Then there’s the style of play....kick...kick...then kick some more. The Wolfpack thing. Amateur jolly boys outings to boost squad togetherness. A soulless stadium that nobody can get to easily unless you live in Barnet. The shouty mentality that if you win a turnover, you celebrate it by shouting, whooping and everyone gets involved. Oh, and the fez.

Yes we’ve got problems. Saracens are a very good team and they have played some decent rugby at times. They won’t and don’t care what is said about them. These things come in cycles. We will be back. Maybe not next year, certainly not this year but we will be back, I just hope I’m still around to see it.
Not to mention the outstretched arms wiggling your fingers at the kicker like some benzedrine snake charmer!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:24 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:57 am

Well worth reading.

Not to mention the outstretched arms wiggling your fingers at the kicker like some benzedrine snake charmer!
Forgot about that !! Horrendous