I hope Mike Ford goes out to The World Cup Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hope Mike Ford goes out to The World Cup Final

Post by Ian Cant »

I apologise if it has already been disclosed, but I hope Mike Ford is going out to watch George in the final. Sale has acted commendably over the Curry brother being released to go for the World Cup Final.
Good luck to George and all of our players as well, of course, the whole squad.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: I hope Mike Ford goes out to The World Cup Final

Post by ABClub »

I'd be very surprised if he isn't. With Bruce Craig and Mourad Boudjellal amongst his recent employers I'd guess he wouldn't be struggling to afford a return flight to Tokyo!

George has been one of England's standouts in Japan. Plenty of players have stood out for England - Sinckler, Itoje, Curry, Underhill and Manu especially for me - but George has showed fantastic game management precisely when England have needed it from him.

I had the rush of being at the quarter final in Oita and Ford's touch finder that pinned Australia into their 5m from his own half was sublime.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I think the club should send a representative to support our boys. I suggest we send the captain who can then watch his brother hopefully win a World Cup. An appropriate reward for the years of service both have given to Tigers. He can travel with Mike :smt001
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tom Youngs has posted his good wishes to his brother, but said he would stay for the Tigers game, makes me feel bad about his international jettison by EJ.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

That is why I can’t understand those on here who have a go at Tom Youngs. Top bloke and always gives his all in a Tigers’ shirt.
Well done Tom and I’ll be cheering extra loud for you on Saturday.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Lovely gesture from Sale, nice to be reminded that there are more important things in life than winning.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

More important things like... watching other people win?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes well done Youngs :smt023
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:01 pm That is why I can’t understand those on here who have a go at Tom Youngs. Top bloke and always gives his all in a Tigers’ shirt.
+1 :smt023
It's disappointing, Ian, but you'll never stop it. There are those who can't post on here without taking a personal pop at even those who are loyal and commited.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
SimonP in Surrey

Post by SimonP in Surrey »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 am
Ian Cant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:01 pm That is why I can’t understand those on here who have a go at Tom Youngs. Top bloke and always gives his all in a Tigers’ shirt.
It's disappointing, Ian, but you'll never stop it. There are those who can't post on here without taking a personal pop at even those who are loyal and commited.
Young’s is obviously a really good bloke all about commitment, honesty and team values ... blunt insults have no place here or anywhere ... honesty says he is a mid range GP player .. it is what it is ... imho it’s right that he stays in Leicester and not go to Japan.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

SimonP in Surrey wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 am
Young’s is obviously a really good bloke all about commitment, honesty and team values ... blunt insults have no place here or anywhere ... honesty says he is a mid range GP player .. it is what it is ... imho it’s right that he stays in Leicester and not go to Japan.
Can't argue with that. Love Tom Youngs and the commitment he brings and I'm happy he's a Tigers player. Sometimes we miss that passion when he's not there. However, there are 5 or 6 hookers in the Premiership that I think most of us would rate above him - therefore mid range or average GP player.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think Youngs has improved massively in 2019, tackling has been ferocious and his lineout is as solid as anyone’s in the league. I’m expecting a big season from him if things go well!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 pm More important things like... watching other people win?
Family.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

If Ford doesn't go to see his son in the Final, it's ok. He can do it next time, and France is nearer.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Personally, I think both Mike Ford and Tom Young’s should be able to go to the World Cup Final if they want to. In my mind, family trumps everything.

I changed from a critic of GF to a big fan last season, and it’s real credit to the lad that he’s now clearly earned similar respect from the entire rugby community, doing it by answering his critics by being the best player on the on the pitch in my opinion (but I am a biased former FH). And BY has got better and better throughout the tournament - how some want to replace the SH for a team in a World Cup final with a lesser player is beyond me.

That said, Tom Young’s behaviour on this just confirms how lucky we are to have him at Tigers. Never understood the criticism he sometimes gets from some “supporters”. And also think he’s looks sharper, fitter and more aggressive this season.

I will be another raising an extra cheer for Tom (and Mike) if they around on Saturday.