Where's Geordie?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Where's Geordie?

Post by DingDong »

Anyone seen or heard any sign of his post match rhetoric yet?

Ahhh hugely disappointing
They're a very physical side
I thought they worked hard at times
Not accurate enough
We didn't take our chances
Small mistakes cost us in the end
Always tough against Sarries
There were some positives we can take
We have to be better
I thought the scoreline flattered them
This is not where we want to be
Thought one or two put their hands up today
blah....blah....blah....

It's gone a bit quiet don't you think? :smt015
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Where's Geordie?

Post by kk20gb30 »

Does it really matter ?
Heard it all before , anyway
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

He came on BBC RL post match and all I can say is that he did not see the same game that I witnessed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I was one among many who thought that Georgian could make a good coach, but only after he had gone away to really learn the trade at another club, and get coaching and media training. (He tends to be unable to deal with questions).

I am afraid that now that option no longer exists. Who would take him? He will have so much baggage to unload, and so little confidence.

He really had no alternative but to take the job when offered, but the blame (not fault) lies with the club for offering him a job he was far from qualified for. In doing so, the guilty parties have blighted what might have been a really worthwhile career as a coach.

Shame on them.
Valhalla I am coming!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Where's Geordie? Hopefully on his way to the Job Centre.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well.... not answering his critics.
In the board room with PH. :smt005
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

We have changed coaches, we have changed players. There is however one constant during our 6-7 year decline, the chairman and chief exec. Sometimes a correlation does reveal the cause.
I'm not cynical just experienced
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's becoming painful to watch a club legend's reputation suffer so badly. We've never been worse than we've been under Murphy's leadership.

He somehow got the job permanently after 8 defeats in a row - the club's worst run in 43 years - and now there are rumours he may be promoted to DoR to make space for Borthwick. Promoted on what basis?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Soryr. but we already have Pat Howard and Mike Ford helping him and he still can't cut it. I said last season (for which I got lambasted by some) that you should not have to have your Head Coach / Director or Rugby being mentored nor learning on the job at a club like Leicester Tigers. Frankly ridiculous idea and always was.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

I totally agree, G.K.

It really feels like we're propping up Murphy.

The board pushed that his appointment was about 'stability' after the turbulence of changes around Cockers, Mauger and O'Connor, which I understand, but stability doesn't work if the guy you base it on is not successful.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

If we are giving jobs away on a YTS scheme - may I enrol. National coaching standard as previous experience!!!
:smt005 :smt005 L.O.L
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It was a total waste of time promoting Dean Richards to D.O. R!, similarly Pat Howard and Richard Cockerill, obviously we were much better with highly rated outsiders like Lofreda and Meyer, a look at out trophy cabinet and a check on the dates will prove the veracity of that statement.
It was a mistake sacking Cocker, a mistake hiring Matt O 'Connor, the Board have taken responsibility for those decisions. I have seen all our performances this season and they have been very mixed, some good some not so good. The forwards on the whole are doing ok although I think we miss Tom Youngs leadership when he is absent. The backs seem to have improved defence at the expense of attack, the kicks may be a bit long but we seem to concentrate more on maintaining the line than on just getting someone under the ball. I have seen us training nd for some reason we don't sem to play the way we train.
I was and still am in favour of Geordan Murphy as head coach but we have to produce results, and it has to start before the England boys return, whatever the problems are they have to be solved, we have more coaches than ever before, there is a saying abut too many cooks, it could be true!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought Sarries were that bit more direct, a bit stronger in the carry and with an extra yard of pace.
I've got no doubts that Genge, Lavanini and Tuafua can add some of what was missing up front and obviously you don't get more direct than Tuilagi.
Leatigaga looked decent.
The youngsters aren't showing up as well for Leicester as other sides, mistakes I can accept but they also need to contribute much more positively.
The Sarries youngsters made mistakes but they also made positive contributions to the result.
It's as much about the players contributions as the coaches in my opinion.
Last edited by BFG on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I think it's important to state that leaving now doesn't mean he can never come back; there's still life in his career if he does a Louis Deacon and drops down a league or maybe two in order to build the skills and reputation his job demands. He skipped to the front of the queue and has been sadly found out, but it's not by any means the end of the road.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The most disappointing thing with Murphy for me is he just doesn't seem to be learning from these losses.
The way we play hasn't changed, despite it not working.

I don't like losing but it's easier to take if it looks like we are trying to make changes to the game-plan that clearly isn't working.