Tigers vs Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester

Post by chewbacca »

Well that performance eased some of the pain from the morning. Thought Olowofela looks to have got his pace back and Is playing with some confidence. Forwards toughed it out which was great to see. Lavanini certainly looks like he enjoys a collision. Hard fought and deserved 4 points.
I'm not cynical just experienced
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:39 pm
fleabane wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:10 pm Excellent defence, Hardwick worthy MOM.

Good first half, but very much on back foot in the second, but at least we saw some of the “ never say die” attitude back.
Shazam the people's favourite on the ap!
Well deserved too re Harrison - thought he was outstanding again. Great to have TV back. Things can only get better ..... :smt006
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Can someone get the Australian Embassy to rescind Sam Harrison's visa. We need him here! :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

G.K wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:15 pm Pleased for the win, a gritty performance. Harrison made a big difference as it meant I didn't nod off at every ruck. Dodn't realise we'd signed Lady Gaga, looks like she's put on some weight though.
I’d go to the doctors if I was you if you fall asleep that often.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:39 pm
G.K wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:15 pm Pleased for the win, a gritty performance. Harrison made a big difference as it meant I didn't nod off at every ruck. Dodn't realise we'd signed Lady Gaga, looks like she's put on some weight though.
I did but he said the cure was that I should watch Saints instead :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 pm Can someone get the Australian Embassy to rescind Sam Harrison's visa. We need him here! :smt003
Agreed!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

G.K wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:39 pm
I did but he said the cure was that I should watch Saints instead :smt009
Can’t do that. Need at least 6 fingers on each hand.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m just about getting my voice back after an excellent performance. We did to Gloucester what South Africa did to England! It was great to hear the Welford Road crowd back to something nearing its best but, we need to make the sort of noise we made in the second half right from the first kick off!
Olowofela was immense today and TV shows what we’ve missed for most of last season and the start of this: his kick chase was excellent and his dancing feet give us a chance to gain ground. Hardwick was much better when he moved to 10, the forwards were immense, especially Kalamafoni, and Tom Youngs, apart from one line out, was outstanding.
Now can they put in a similar performance v London Irish!
Irish have put together a good squad and will fancy their chances at home.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Tigers proved me wrong today, particularly Olowofela and Hardwick who looked very good and very much ready for the Premiership. I still think Olowofela would benefit from bulking up a bit - nothing crazy, just to a Jonny May size - as he gets dragged about a bit when he's caught.

The weather was perhaps a bit of a leveller this afternoon, but a really good performance nonetheless. Feeling a bit more positive about this season, we just need to back it up in the next round!

I haven't seen a Tigers team look that hungry (and capable) for some time.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:47 pm
Does that say more about what's come before it or more about the side today? Our attitude was spot on and or defence was disciplined - especially in that Fergie time period.

Can someone please tell me why Hardwick didn't let the clock tick past 00:00 (like Weir did last year for Wuss) and putting us through the ringer, big time!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Does that say more about what's come before it or more about the side today? Our attitude was spot on and or defence was disciplined - especially in that Fergie time period.

Can someone please tell me why Hardwick didn't let the clock tick past 00:00 (like Weir did last year for Wuss) and putting us through the ringer, big time!
Penalty was given with more than a minute on the clock left. Sir said they'd be a restart. He ran it down quite a bit but there was always going to be a restart and to be fair to Glaws it was a good one.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:21 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Penalty was given with more than a minute on the clock left. Sir said they'd be a restart. He ran it down quite a bit but there was always going to be a restart and to be fair to Glaws it was a good one.
Don't you have 90 seconds to take a kick?

EDIT - hands up, I thought it was 90 for conversions and penalties. It's only 60 for penalties
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

I think that Mark Bakewell deserves a bit of credit today as well. We won most of our lineouts and while I am only going on what I saw at the ground, every one of our mauls seemed to go forward and every one of Gloucester's was stopped dead. The polar opposite to the situation when he arrived and a reflection of the progressive improvement that we have seen in these departments for some time now.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought the Leicester effort won.
Good to see Leatigaga as a genuine starting option at tight head.
Genuine competition for places is good.
Harrison needs retaining or another like Simpson needs signing.
I thought that Gloucester try was sublime, they will absolutely tonk anyone who stands off them and allows them to play.
Last edited by BFG on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Freebird wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:34 pm I think that Mark Bakewell deserves a bit of credit today as well. We won most of our lineouts and while I am only going on what I saw at the ground, every one of our mauls seemed to go forward and every one of Gloucester's was stopped dead. The polar opposite to the situation when he arrived and a reflection of the progressive improvement that we have seen in these departments for some time now.
The changed in personnel will also have made a difference I think. Three group of forwards last year, for whatever reason, didn't seem to buy in to what he was trying to get them to do.