Tigers vs Gloucester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:53 pm Thacker is on the bench isn't he and Evans isn't playing this weekend.

But yes our depth really needs work on.
Granted teams like Gloucester, Bristol and Quins are not really affected but the likes of Sarries and Saints are both missing a lot of players yet looking so much better.
My bad I just assumed they were starting. Back in the day we would have retained the likes of Thacker, Slater, Evans and therefore even when the internationals were away we could still put out a quality forward outfit. If they were still around things would be very different.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:23 pm Barring Holmes and Veaninu, and Harrison, thats the worst backline in the Premiership by a country mile. Heaven help us.
Any side that has 4 international backs missing would be weak :smt002
A2O
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Gloucester will be licking their lips and looking forward to steaming through that Centre pairing
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:00 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:53 pm Thacker is on the bench isn't he and Evans isn't playing this weekend.

Granted teams like Gloucester, Bristol and Quins are not really affected but the likes of Sarries and Saints are both missing a lot of players yet looking so much better.
My bad I just assumed they were starting. Back in the day we would have retained the likes of Thacker, Slater, Evans and therefore even when the internationals were away we could still put out a quality forward outfit. If they were still around things would be very different.
True although funny enough none of those positions have really been hit by the international period.
Although that'd even more telling on the squad.

Saying that I do like Thompson and Reffell as 7 options.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

If we still had Slater starting today we'd all be moaning at the business end of the season that we don't have a world class winger. Would Evans and Thacker be an improvement on Thompson and Youngs? Not for me.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm Would Evans and Thacker be an improvement on Thompson and Youngs? Not for me.
Objectively yes they would. Both are better stats and age wise. Evans wanted out so nothing lost there but Thacker we 100% should have kept.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Evans only wanted out cause he wasn't being played same as Thacker.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Looks like a decent team selection .......... for an A leage game.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

That is true, but neither Sarries nor Saints had the sort of season Tigers had last year. Tigers are working back from a lower base and so have more ground to cover?

It is going to be 'challenging' for a while longer yet.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Pleased to see the realists are out in force! :smt017
We all knew before the season started how the team would look in these games, no different to other world cup years. Adds more weight to the argument regarding salary cap breaches!
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

2 tickets free for anyone that wants them, print at home so DM me your email address to send tickets.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Our much vaunted new signings really are measuring up, eh ?
One has already been :censored: dropped.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:38 pm Our much vaunted new signings really are measuring up, eh ?
Not injured then?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

fortysix wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:38 pm Our much vaunted new signings really are measuring up, eh ?
Two starting, one's on the bench, one's injured, one's just off the plane and one's still getting used to the thick Leicestershire air ( :smt003 ). It's early days yet is all i'm saying.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Think he's one of those that Murphy has said took a knock last weekend.

Leatigaga looked good off the bench last weekend. Good tackles, good carries and strong in the set piece. Liebenburg was good and looked exactly the kind of player we wanted Williams to be, tackled lots and smashed breakdowns, could do with some more big carries this week but positive so far. Clare was solid off the bench. Lineout worked nicely under Green which is what he's here for.

Problem was we had no penetration in the backline but when you're missing 5 out of your 7 first choice backs then it's going to be tough. Especially when in addition to the internationals your back up physical centre option is also injured.