Wales v SA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Wales v SA

Post by mol2 »

Regardless of this result or that of the final, it should at least put an end to the “How far ahead the Southern Hemisphere is” for a while.

New Zealand perhaps were but Ireland, England and Wales have never been that far away. 4 years ago England made a dog’s breakfast of the World Cup but the gap was not huge between North and South.

It may be that Ireland peaked 2 or 3 years too soon and this England side is a year or 2 off and this Wales side is at its peak and perhaps could have made the final but for a single score. France could have been there but for a red card.

5 out of 8 quarter finalists from the North. 2 out of 4 semi finalists and 1 out of 2 finalists suggest that it is pretty even.

There needs to be changes as there is a bias in terms of the law makers to favour the South.
Bring back rucking and make forward passes relative to the pitch to end interpretation of the laws would help.

Well done Wales, England and South Africa and especially New Zealand who took defeat with dignity.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RichieB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 am
RichieB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:20 am

My point being that England 9's seem to get replaced after 60 minutes more often than not.
Just like other positions.

If you’re implying that’s a negative thing then I can tell you it isn’t.
No. I was not. I was observing that de Klerk lasted for the full 80 minutes, which I believe is credit to him and his fitness.
Especially with his work rate - he seemed to be everywhere and doing everything.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

h's dad wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:00 am
RichieB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 am

Just like other positions.

If you’re implying that’s a negative thing then I can tell you it isn’t.
No. I was not. I was observing that de Klerk lasted for the full 80 minutes, which I believe is credit to him and his fitness.
Especially with his work rate - he seemed to be everywhere and doing everything.
I suspect it is more a case that the de Klerk is critical to the SA gameplay.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

NZ are hurting bad. Someone is going to pay.

I think we all know who that’s going to be.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
El Guapo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by El Guapo »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:32 pm
wellstiger wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm Sorry Wales - possibly the poorest game your've played for some time as tactics all wrong.
EJ will not make that mistake and I hope we (England) have peeked at the right time.

However glad to play RSA as Wales would have played their best game against the red Rose.
At the same time it would have been great to have had a British World Cup final. :smt039 :smt039
Totally agree with this, Wales seemed to lack ambition other than when they went behind, and looked better when Patchell came on, also wonder just how fit Jonathan Davis was.
Pleased it’s not an all European final, but hope Eddie sticks to his game plan as I think we can run these South African players off their feet
Ha ha!
Cardiff Blues Supporter