Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Jordan Taufua

Post by voice of the crumbie »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:51 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:09 pm A question for those better informed than me. When he arrives does that mean that we lose or retain Coghlan or Boladau or both? They have both looked quite handy from the limited amount I have seen them play.
Coghlan isn't a loan signing so he'll remain here
Thanks kpj. Anyone know the status of Boladau?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Taufua off, fails HIA and doesn't return - sitting on the bench chatting away afterwards though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:24 am Taufua off, fails HIA and doesn't return - sitting on the bench chatting away afterwards though.
Thats disappointing. Hopefully he passes the return to play protocols quickly and we see him in a Tigers shirt before December.
I'm not cynical just experienced
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Seems to have a lot of this - worrying perhaps for all parties.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:24 am Taufua off, fails HIA and doesn't return - sitting on the bench chatting away afterwards though.
Thats disappointing. Hopefully he passes the return to play protocols quickly and we see him in a Tigers shirt before December.
I missed the end of the game, it could have been precautionary with his move in mind, Mako's were in a good position on the pitch/scoreboard and maybe thought it prudent to 'fail' the HIA.

I am, of course, speculating wildly - trying to be positive.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I also didn’t see the game. Did he definitely fail his HIA or was it just time for him to be replaced anyway
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

He definitely seem to be struggling after he took an accidental knock after making a tackle right on halftime, and he was then replaced at halftime, but there may have been an element of precaution to it as I believe he failed a HIA either last week or the week before.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Taufua shouldn’t have been playing having had HIA the week before and earlier in the tournament. Tigers will again be missing most of their first team squad until the end of November as the England boys have to have a rest period. It could be another season of struggling to get out of the bottom position in the league! Hope I’m wrong.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:46 pm Taufua shouldn’t have been playing having had HIA the week before and earlier in the tournament. Tigers will again be missing most of their first team squad until the end of November as the England boys have to have a rest period. It could be another season of struggling to get out of the bottom position in the league! Hope I’m wrong.
You need to up date yourself on the protocols
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:46 pm Taufua shouldn’t have been playing having had HIA the week before and earlier in the tournament. Tigers will again be missing most of their first team squad until the end of November as the England boys have to have a rest period. It could be another season of struggling to get out of the bottom position in the league! Hope I’m wrong.
What a ray of sunshine you are. :smt002
A2O
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:37 pm I also didn’t see the game. Did he definitely fail his HIA or was it just time for him to be replaced anyway
Camera panned to him sat on the bench, commentator said "failed his HIA won't be back on" or words to that effect.

Make of that what you will
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed we need our best signings to actually play for Tigers and ASAP :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:04 pm
Agreed we need our best signings to actually play for Tigers and ASAP :smt013
Technically his contract hasn't started yet so it's a bit hard for him to play for us. Give it a couple of weeks an I'm sure we'll see him in a Tigers shirt.

In over the next weeks time we'll see Genge, Cole, Lavanini, Taufua, Youngs, Ford, May, Manu and TV all return to action. That'll be a lot of firepower to unleash.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Looking at the fixture list I doubt we’ll begin to see our England backs before Northampton away on November 30th.
Different for Ellis and Dan who obviously haven’t played the rugby the others have, so would hope to see them against Pau.
Big Thomas was banned for 3 games I think so should be available for Gloucester, would expect a bench appearance.

As for Taufua realistically I don’t think we will see him before the Pau match, even if he is concussed
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:03 pm Looking at the fixture list I doubt we’ll begin to see our England backs before Northampton away on November 30th.
Different for Ellis and Dan who obviously haven’t played the rugby the others have, so would hope to see them against Pau.
Big Thomas was banned for 3 games I think so should be available for Gloucester, would expect a bench appearance.

As for Taufua realistically I don’t think we will see him before the Pau match, even if he is concussed
I think we'll see the England players rotated back in during the European games. Then as close to full strength as possible for Saints on the 30th November.

The London Irish game will hopefully see Genge back on the bench at least.

A return for Telusa would be enormous against Gloucester next weekend. Lavanini to launch off the bench as well hopefully. His red card was foolish to say the least but his form for the Jaguares in Super Rugby was outstanding.