LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Don’t think we have the money to tempt Malins if we want to keep Genge, Ford and May.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by MikeR » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Need to lose some of the England players who are hardly here . Top priority should be Star scrum half not playing Internationals .

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5150
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by WhitecapTiger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm

MikeR wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Top priority should be Star scrum half not playing Internationals .
Such as?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by CitizenSmiff » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:52 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm
MikeR wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Top priority should be Star scrum half not playing Internationals .
Such as?
Joe Powell of the Brumbies would be a good fit, does a great job marshalling the Brumbies pack but struggles to get a game for the Wallabies.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 pm

François Hougaard hasn’t played for the Sprinboks since 2017...
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8352
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by RagingBull » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:51 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 pm
François Hougaard hasn’t played for the Sprinboks since 2017...
also on more money than Manu.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by JP14 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am

I knew he was on some money but it is a surprise it is that much, but then how much are we paying Youngs?
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1165
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by Cardiff Tig » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:26 am

MikeR wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Need to lose some of the England players who are hardly here . Top priority should be Star scrum half not playing Internationals .
That's a recipe for never winning anything again. Having lots of internationals never hurt us in the past. If you don't have the top players then in the big knock out games you get out played by the sides that do.

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by MikeR » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 am

I would have thought its being hurting us for many Seasons.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4018
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by sam16111986 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 am

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:52 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:22 pm
MikeR wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Top priority should be Star scrum half not playing Internationals .
Such as?
Joe Powell of the Brumbies would be a good fit, does a great job marshalling the Brumbies pack but struggles to get a game for the Wallabies.
That might be pushing the term 'star'. Especially when he's supposed to replace a B&I and England regular. With Genia retiring there'll be a spot in the Australian squad. We saw what happened we had an Australian offered a chance to come into the international fold again.

Given the scrum half conveyor belt production we have we are better off continuing with giving them development opportunities.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8352
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by RagingBull » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 am

JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am
I knew he was on some money but it is a surprise it is that much, but then how much are we paying Youngs?
From what I gather about he's on about half as much as FH.

But Youngs also get's England money on top of it.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by BFG » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 am
JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am
I knew he was on some money but it is a surprise it is that much, but then how much are we paying Youngs?
From what I gather about he's on about half as much as FH.

But Youngs also get's England money on top of it.
Like a morning after a strong curry and a few too many beers you seem to pass on a lot that is lacking in any substance.
Proof!
Do you have any?

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2786
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by Hot_Charlie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:09 am

Scuttle wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:53 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm
Max Malins is out of contract end of season. Think he would make a great 15 who can cover 10. Would also be an upgrade over Worth and let Hardwick concentrate on playing 12.
I agree albeit I would put money on Sarries being as keen to keep him as we are George Ford
Not sure if Sarries will be able to afford to keep everyone.

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by ABClub » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:48 am

BFG wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am
RagingBull wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 am
JP14 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:29 am
I knew he was on some money but it is a surprise it is that much, but then how much are we paying Youngs?
From what I gather about he's on about half as much as FH.

But Youngs also get's England money on top of it.
Like a morning after a strong curry and a few too many beers you seem to pass on a lot that is lacking in any substance.
Proof!
Do you have any?
The majority of what we all post here is speculation and word of mouth. If YBY had posted a picture of his contract, wage included then it wouldn't be a discussion would it.

Unless anyone one here is Youngs agent or a Tigers employee directly involved in contract negotiations planning on losing their job by offering public proof of Ben's income then these discussion will continue to be speculation.

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by ABClub » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:55 am

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:09 am
Scuttle wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:53 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm
Max Malins is out of contract end of season. Think he would make a great 15 who can cover 10. Would also be an upgrade over Worth and let Hardwick concentrate on playing 12.
I agree albeit I would put money on Sarries being as keen to keep him as we are George Ford
Not sure if Sarries will be able to afford to keep everyone.
Rumours amongst Sarries fans are that Exeter are interested in Malins to replace Steenson when he retires. Simmonds stepping into the controlling fly-half role that Steenson offers and Malins providing a more expansive options.

Malins behind the Chiefs pack with Devoto, Slade, Nowell, Cuthbert and Hogg outside would be a lot of fun to watch.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kpj tiger, RunTigerRun and 2 guests